Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Gonna miss Stand Drayton, but I really love the Choice and Marion hires. Both are young, hungry and relentless on the recruiting trail.  Should be able to relate to recruits and be in on a lot of top level talent on offense. 

Sark, Flood, Banks, Choice and Marion on the recruiting trail....that's impressive.

7 minutes ago, texbound said:

Gonna miss Stand Drayton, but I really love the Choice and Marion hires. Both are young, hungry and relentless on the recruiting trail.  Should be able to relate to recruits and be in on a lot of top level talent on offense. 

Sark, Flood, Banks, Choice and Marion on the recruiting trail....that's impressive.

Marion will be gone this time next year. Take a look at his resume.

22 minutes ago, Baron said:

He'll get an OC job at a power 5 school. 

If the WR room develops and the offense shows out big time, he will have his choice of spots in 23. If Sark actually has the ship headed in the right direction, there may be more than Marion on the current staff that will be short term guys.

33 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

If the WR room develops and the offense shows out big time, he will have his choice of spots in 23. If Sark actually has the ship headed in the right direction, there may be more than Marion on the current staff that will be short term guys.

Marrion will be at Texas max 2 years. If things go well, he'll get an OC job at a power 5 (apparently could have been OC at a group of 5 this year). If things go poorly, he'll get the ax with Sark and his staff. 

Regarding other staffers here is my take:

Life time position coaches (no desire to leave Texas) - TE Jeff Banks, DL Bo Davis, OL Kyle Flood, DB Terry Joseph, DC Pete Kwaitkowski 

Will leave for a promotion - LB Jeff Choate (for DC or HC gig), WR Brennan Marrion (for OC job), AJ Milwee (for OC?)

I don't know - DB Blake Gideon, RB Tashard Choice. Both have short coaching careers so far, have only coached position groups (or ST coordinator) so unclear if they have bigger coaching aspirations. 

On 12/31/2021 at 6:53 PM, BWilk55 said:

Marrion will be at Texas max 2 years. If things go well, he'll get an OC job at a power 5 (apparently could have been OC at a group of 5 this year). If things go poorly, he'll get the ax with Sark and his staff. 

Regarding other staffers here is my take:

Life time position coaches (no desire to leave Texas) - TE Jeff Banks, DL Bo Davis, OL Kyle Flood, DB Terry Joseph, DC Pete Kwaitkowski 

Will leave for a promotion - LB Jeff Choate (for DC or HC gig), WR Brennan Marrion (for OC job), AJ Milwee (for OC?)

I don't know - DB Blake Gideon, RB Tashard Choice. Both have short coaching careers so far, have only coached position groups (or ST coordinator) so unclear if they have bigger coaching aspirations. 

You might want to rethink stuff:

Marion: 2 yrs at least here. Has to shown recruiting and development of the WRs. Then maybe he goes to a small school or group of 5 OC. Then maybe OC at power 5 under the right HC.

Banks: was on the HC list for WSU until the whole stripper/girlfriend with monkey issue. We get better with him here and that goes away.

Bo Davis: doubt he has any desire to be more than a DL position coach. Been a DL position coach for close to 12 yrs.  2 stops with us and 2 stops with Alabama with a time in the NFL.

Kyle Flood:  believe he is tied to Sark and only has desire to be a stand alone OC to call plays at some point.

Terry Joseph:  will see what happens with him. Does he leave for the LSU job, or does he actually do more man to man coverage this upcoming spring and season.

DC: Pete Kwaitowski: he had better have a better spring and upcoming season. Especially seeing the awful LB play to keep him if no improvement.

LB: Choate: thought he was a HC only to leave to come here as a position coach. Needs to be working through these LBs to decide on the ones that actually can snd are willing to play and help getting some to move on.

QB: Milwee: you know have a really awesome QB. Show us what you are as you were considered for OC jobs.

Blake and Choice: we agree. To early to know what they are or want to do in their careers. 

3 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

It's a publication that gives you numbers of people that you can put on your Rolodex or your PDA if you're fancy...

Kind of like an encyclopedia is to finding out about interesting stuff and people in history? Now I get it.😉

10 hours ago, david ficken said:

You might want to rethink stuff:

I feel like your post pretty much agreed with mine...hard to say what will happen with the coaching carousel but I think we are mostly on the same page.

54 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't want to speculate, I have heard a couple of things. But suffice to say he was honorable with what he did and why he did it. It was a personal issue back home.

His father passed away is what I was told. He had to help the family. By everyone who knows him he’s a great kid. He’s a player who’s NIL money could really help the family. 

On 1/2/2022 at 1:35 PM, BWilk55 said:

I feel like your post pretty much agreed with mine...hard to say what will happen with the coaching carousel but I think we are mostly on the same page.

You are right, just missed read what you said. Though Banks is a tough read. Same with Joseph.