Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

8 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Yea, I think we might be just a wee bit premature with the Red/Duvernay comparisons. 

I don't think its a good comparison to begin with. Duverynay had better speed, but it was straight-line speed. He wasn't that special moving laterally or having the quick cuts, etc. But I think I saw him miss one pass during his career at Texas. That is special.

Red doesn't have great straight-line speed. His advantage comes from being quick and shifty, having vision, and being extremely coordinated. He can play a variety of positions, including QB. So he's a different animal altogether. I think his prospects of being somebody at UT are high.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think its a good comparison to begin with. Duverynay had better speed, but it was straight-line speed. He wasn't that special moving laterally or having the quick cuts, etc. But I think I saw him miss one pass during his career at Texas. That is special.

Red doesn't have great straight-line speed. His advantage comes from being quick and shifty, having vision, and being extremely coordinated. He can play a variety of positions, including QB. So he's a different animal altogether. I think his prospects of being somebody at UT are high.

Sounds like a Quan Cosby.  He looks to have the same build as Quan.

• Administrators
On 12/29/2021 at 10:50 AM, TFloss32 said:

On Coach Marion of Pitt...

IT saying all signs continue to point to Marion as the next WRs coach.

They believe it will happen tomorrow, at the latest, since Pitt plays tonight.

Sark supposedly met with him in Atlanta (where Pitt's bowl game is) earlier in the week, but I couldn't find any confirmation of that.

I trust in Sark, but does anyone know if Marion has successfully developed more people than Addison?  Trying to figure out if it is the player that would succeed regardless of the coach, or the coach correcting issues that made Addison blossom (or both).  The offensive improvement can be due to so many reasons that it is hard to tell.  Was it the OC, the line, the qb, etc.

9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

If this really does happen it speaks volumes to me about the maturity of Sark as a coach. In spite of being considered a bright offensive mind himself, Sark is willing to bring in coaches with new ideas and entertain potentially different viewpoints to grow the offense and the team.