Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)


Baron
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

Saban is the same way.  I know people that would actually bow down to Saban if they saw him like he was a God.

have you ever thought about how big that play was where Colt was knocked out of the game? Colt himself said...."we were on our way to DOMINATING"...That game gave Saban his first Natty at Bama. The Saban train may have derailed early.....alas!....not to be...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Will never forgive Mack for first loss ever to Ala. including Broadway Joe.

Garret should have played more and been better prepared. Was not like McCoyhad not been hurt in other games.

Mack never had a backup prepared after the Applewhite/Simms debate... most likely to avoid controversy. Early in Colt's career when he got a neck stinger we threw out Jevan Sneed who wasn't ready. We were winning games by double digits, but Mack wasn't bringing in backups until 5 mins left just to hand off. A lot of folks complained about that for years. 

 

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

have you ever thought about how big that play was where Colt was knocked out of the game? Colt himself said...."we were on our way to DOMINATING"...That game gave Saban his first Natty at Bama. The Saban train may have derailed early.....alas!....not to be...

Not to mention causing Mack to throw away the offense that had dominated for a decade because he wanted an Alabama offense. He didn't want an offense that relied so heavily on the QB because Colt had to be at a crazy high percentage for the offense to work. That bama type of offense certainly wasn't in Greg Davis' wheelhouse, and we didn't have the type of lineman required to make it work anyway. Garrett would have been much better in the offense he was recruited to play. 

Most likely bama still goes on to be a successful program. However it certainly derailed Texas for at least a decade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
17 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods reporting Gary Patterson will meet with Sark and other staff members tomorrow.

IT added that this will certainly be an off-the-field / analyst role, as has been discussed before.

Patterson doesn't want to be on the field, at least not in the near future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Best QB that has played for Horns is leaving . Proably best for him.

He will be sucessfull some where. IMO wasnot Sark kind of QB. Sark seems to favor a pocket type.Which Ewers and Card are, Oh well only one to go to 85.

IMO, he may not have been the QB Sark wanted but was the best QB on the team. I do not like this Sam I am.

Disappointed Big Daddy GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

IMO, he may not have been the QB Sark wanted but was the best QB on the team. I do not like this Sam I am.

Disappointed Big Daddy GIF

I agree. It would be best if we could have kept Thompson. The room needs competition.

What I don't like is A)Thompson apparently expected Sark to take no one in this class at QB, and/or B ) He doesn't think he can compete with Ewers.

Sark placed his faith in Thompson, stayed with him when everybody was calling for him to replace Thompson. He got more than a fair shake here. So I don't understand why he's left the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I agree. It would be best if we could have kept Thompson. The room needs competition.

What I don't like is A)Thompson apparently expected Sark to take no one in this class at QB, and/or B ) He doesn't think he can compete with Ewers.

Sark placed his faith in Thompson, stayed with him when everybody was calling for him to replace Thompson. He got more than a fair shake here. So I don't understand why he's left the team.

I think Casey is just "tired". He stayed patient and persevered behind Elingher. Flashed his capabilities. The bowl game. Only to start the season QB2 behind Card. He takes that and get his shot. Played his heart out threw injury and at times even carried the team on his back. Only to get to off-season and constantly hear that he's not the guy. I mean, he's not the mold of what Sark likes at the position and it's now been made abundantly clear. Not that he's "owed" anything but, imo, he probably feels that he has given everything he can to the program and doesn't feel appreciated. Not saying I agree with any of that but I'm trying to possibly look at it from his perspective. I wish him well and hope we don't have to play him 🤘🏿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I think Casey is just "tired". He stayed patient and persevered behind Elingher. Flashed his capabilities. The bowl game. Only to start the season QB2 behind Card. He takes that and get his shot. Played his heart out threw injury and at times even carried the team on his back. Only to get to off-season and constantly hear that he's not the guy. I mean, he's not the mold of what Sark likes at the position and it's now been made abundantly clear. Not that he's "owed" anything but, imo, he probably feels that he has given everything he can to the program and doesn't feel appreciated. Not saying I agree with any of that but I'm trying to possibly look at it from his perspective. I wish him well and hope we don't have to play him 🤘🏿

I can understand that.

While he wasn't Sark's prototypical QB mold, he is precisely what Sark needed with the OL he had. He could improvise and threw well on the run. He reminded me of Colt McCoy at times, before his injury.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DBut82 said:

I think Casey is just "tired". He stayed patient and persevered behind Elingher. Flashed his capabilities. The bowl game. Only to start the season QB2 behind Card. He takes that and get his shot. Played his heart out threw injury and at times even carried the team on his back. Only to get to off-season and constantly hear that he's not the guy. I mean, he's not the mold of what Sark likes at the position and it's now been made abundantly clear. Not that he's "owed" anything but, imo, he probably feels that he has given everything he can to the program and doesn't feel appreciated. Not saying I agree with any of that but I'm trying to possibly look at it from his perspective. I wish him well and hope we don't have to play him 🤘🏿

Well stated sir

Clapping Applause GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    L 24-32
    10/30
    @Baylor
    L 24-31
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    L 7-30
    11/13
    Kansas
    L 56-57 OT
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    L 23-31
    11/27
    Kansas State
    W 22-17

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...