Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

10 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

anybody heard if there's some legitimacy to this?

Screenshot_20211214-164031_Twitter.jpg

Highly unlikely. BYU joins the Big 12 for the 2023 season. The other teams join in 2024 at the latest. So good chance 2023. Neither Texas or Oklahoma voted for the expansion. Yet they would be expected to share revenue for those seasons with teams they did not vote to share with?? Lawyers would have a field day with that one. Odds are there will be an agreement to lessen the buyout money to ensure a smooth transition to the new Big 12. This guy is just throwing stuff at the walls for clicks. 

41 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Its looking good for Harris and Brooks 

Gerry at IT thinks we land a WR tomorrow, obviously not Winfield or Red so that leaves us with Stewart or Preston

Red committed to someone else? I missed that. I thought he was a strong lean our way. 

2 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

We should loan them the money.

Then make them an offer they can’t refuse.

Its more or less half the story.

Texas and OU did not vote for the new incoming members. Therefore, there will be a scheduling issue coming when BYU and then the others join the league.

I fully expect the Big 12 to lighten the load to enable an early exit for UT, OU. Otherwise, both schools take the conference to court.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, hornsups said:

Highly unlikely. BYU joins the Big 12 for the 2023 season. The other teams join in 2024 at the latest. So good chance 2023. Neither Texas or Oklahoma voted for the expansion. Yet they would be expected to share revenue for those seasons with teams they did not vote to share with?? Lawyers would have a field day with that one. Odds are there will be an agreement to lessen the buyout money to ensure a smooth transition to the new Big 12. This guy is just throwing stuff at the walls for clicks. 

Just thinking out loud here . . . how would UT pull off a successful lawsuit over that? The conference voted to add teams. Just like it voted to stop allowing partial qualifiers. Nebraska got nowhere legally and left.

The only angle I think you have here is that Texas and OU were EXCLUDED by the conference from voting on the additions. If that happened, then IMO they have a case.

There lies your leverage for a reduced buyout.

11 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

We dodged a huge bullet by not hiring this clown. He’s massively inflated ego got exactly what it needed. 

How many "likes" can you give one post?  I have always felt it was "all" about Urban.  He found once he got to the pros things were different.

1 hour ago, gmcc said:

How many "likes" can you give one post?  I have always felt it was "all" about Urban.  He found once he got to the pros things were different.

I don’t know why ALOT of people put these coaches that have won up on a pedestal.  Most of them are not good guy role models.  Most are egotistical assholes.  There is not much good about Urban but that he won.  Herman learned under him and tried to be like him.  Not saying the kicker/punters name???  GMAFB.  I think every player needs to be treated with respect until they do something that doesn’t deserve respect.  Saban is the same way.  I know people that would actually bow down to Saban if they saw him like he was a God.  Alot of guys I know never pick a team,  they just root for who’s winning.  I mean they’re good coaches but role models, great people…….usually not.