Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

13 minutes ago, Baron said:

Coburn's gone he was honored yesterday on senior day.

Thought Sark said something post game like the safest thing was for each of them to walk and possible future plans would be discussed afterwards. If so, Coburn may not be completely gone. Although with some of the reports, not sure I'd expect him to be encouraged to return.

7 hours ago, Baron said:

Coburn's gone he was honored yesterday on senior day.

If he ends up going pro, then that's a dumb decision. He's overweight, slow and didnt dominate this year.  His resume to a pro team is not going to look good and I doubt he grades out very well at the combines.  Heck, Dicker had as many tackles as Coburn did in the game this week and the same amount of TFL, Sacks, and forced fumbles (which is zero)

He definitely needs another year. 

2 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

If he ends up going pro, then that's a dumb decision. He's overweight, slow and didnt dominate this year.  His resume to the pro teams is not going to look good and I doubt he grades out very well at the combines.  He definitely needs another year. 

I thought he moved pretty good sideline to sideline his freshman year.

Seemed to have a good motor then, but it appears the added weight robbed his energy and slowed him down. I can't see his draft grade being very high either. 

You're right. He needs another year and drop some weight. 

5 minutes ago, UTfish said:

I thought he moved pretty good sideline to sideline his freshman year.

Seemed to have a good motor then, but it appears the added weight robbed his energy and slowed him down. I can't see his draft grade being very high either. 

You're right. He needs another year and drop some weight. 

Or he could leave and get drafted an no longer have to go to school and could focus full time on football and reshape his body and regain energy.  Frankly that’s what I would do 

28 minutes ago, burkesd23 said:

Or he could leave and get drafted an no longer have to go to school and could focus full time on football and reshape his body and regain energy.  Frankly that’s what I would do 

I'll be surprised if he gets drafted.  Apparently, the coaches wanted him to lose 20-30 pounds but instead, he gained weight.  I dont think that has much to do with being in school or in the NFL.  

Got to watch the BBall game for the men last night. Wasn't as impressed with the team, but we won. Ramey has improved defensively, but he offensive decisions are still questionable.  The defensive effort wasn't there except in a few spots it seemed. Not certain how good Sam Houston State is, but felt we were in control of the game; unlike how a close game was never in control under Smart. Did like how Beard called a timeout with 1:30 or so left in the game to remind the players the importance to close the game out defensively.   Still hoping to see Disu in the next few games as we don't have a true shot blocker like in the past. Not that he is a great shot blocker,  but wished we had one.

I’m in……….I’m not looking for nice guys, great interviewers, great personalities…….I’m wanting a suffocating defense and Patterson knows how to do that.  I’m not saying fire PK.  Patterson and PK might not could work together idk,  but I would damn sure find out.  

10 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I’m in……….I’m not looking for nice guys, great interviewers, great personalities…….I’m wanting a suffocating defense and Patterson knows how to do that.  I’m not saying fire PK.  Patterson and PK might not could work together idk,  but I would damn sure find out.  

OK with me.