Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

12 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Might be in the minority but hoping LHN in its current form fades into a memory once the SEC announcement is made. 

I just cut the cable cord and I am really missing LHN. I've only been able to watch one basketball game and won't see another one for a while.

5 hours ago, Baron said:

I just cut the cable cord and I am really missing LHN. I've only been able to watch one basketball game and won't see another one for a while.

Did the same recently and have to admit that I have missed the early season BB games and will likely miss some baseball in the spring too. 

20 hours ago, Baron said:

I cut the cable cord in 2008; dont pay for sling or anything else and watch everything I want to watch and more than I should.  And, to be frank, I'm still finding that I could do with a LOT less entertainment.  

20 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

If some of so called more talented had played full speed like Brock. and Schooler Texas might have a better record.

Give me a player who goes all out than one who goes half speed .

agree wholeheartedly.  And, when you have 5* senior LB who avoids contact and takes poor angles and would rather protest than improve his skillset and the team, then you have deeper problems than a coaching staff can fix in one summer. 

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

Isn't this the kid that @java knows? Any reason why he's leaving?

If I were to take a guess, it would be that he has one year left (Jr this season) and wants to start somewhere.  He's currently second or third on the depth chart and will still be behind Coburn next season assuming Broughton or someone else doesnt move to NT

6 hours ago, Baron said:

Texas may have a bowl game. There are 84 slots and I can only count 75 bowl eligible teams at this time. There are four games pitting 5-6 teams against each other, so that will bring it to 79. That still leaves five slots. Unlike some of y'all I don't want the season to end yet.

agree.  I dont think you ever turn down an opportunity to have 15 or so more practices before spring training.  If seniors want to sit this one out, then dont try to talk them into it.  Move guys around and use the game to see what you have in a real game situation.  

43 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

If I were to take a guess, it would be that he has one year left (Jr this season) and wants to start somewhere.  He's currently second or third on the depth chart and will still be behind Coburn next season assuming Broughton or someone else doesnt move to NT

Coburn's gone he was honored yesterday on senior day.

38 minutes ago, Baron said:

Texas may have a bowl game. There are 84 slots and I can only count 75 bowl eligible teams at this time. There are four games pitting 5-6 teams against each other, so that will bring it to 79. That still leaves five slots. Unlike some of y'all I don't want the season to end yet.

If your numbers are correct, Texas will be an attractive draw for a lower level bowl. Could see someone like the Pinstripe, Poinsettia, or someone like that thrilled to get a name like Texas in their bowl. Given the injuries to Casey and Card along with the disapearance of Wright, Ballard may have to be the starter at QB.😲