Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

10 hours ago, Drb522 said:

You’ve seen a 3 man with a LB walked up or hand down.  I’ve seen no true 4 mans with legit DE’s.  Unless they did it against West Virginia when I didn’t watch 

Whenever I see Jeb Bush with hands down on the DL, I cringe.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/texas-longhorns-football-dysfunction/

Texas Longhorns Football Is in Free Fall, and It Still Hasn’t Hit Rock Bottom

Clumsy administrators. Meddling boosters. Blown double-digit leads. A six-game losing streak. And a home loss to lowly Kansas. What's next?

Say this for the Texas Longhorns: no one does a dumpster fire of a football season as spectacularly as UT. Once allegations of racism were injected into the conversation last week—along with bumbling administrators, overbearing boosters, soft players, and the longest losing streak since the Eisenhower administration—practically every box had been checked.

The way the wealthiest and arguably the most arrogant and entitled program in college sports has become an absolute clown show has been a work of art on multiple levels. In this awful sense, no team in college football is more entertaining, and trust me when I tell you that dozens of coaches and administrators around the country are enjoying the spectacle.

6 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Missed this one yesterday, but multiple people saying LB Luke Brockermeyer will be out on Friday due to a potential ACL tear suffered during practice.

Luke isn't who we want at LB, but he does show up and play his heart out. I'm sorry to hear about this news.

43 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

I didn't want this nugget to get overlooked in the recruiting thread, but IT mentioned today they expect Ra'Shaad Samples to be at Texas IF that's an option on the table.

Sark obviously doesn't have an opening on his staff, as of today.

tenor.gif?itemid=12327270&f=1&nofb=1

52 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

I didn't want this nugget to get overlooked in the recruiting thread, but IT mentioned today they expect Ra'Shaad Samples to be at Texas IF that's an option on the table.

Sark obviously doesn't have an opening on his staff, as of today.

Is he a substantially better recruiter than who he might replace on staff? 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Luke isn't who we want at LB, but he does show up and play his heart out. I'm sorry to hear about this news.

This a thousand times. 

Luke and several other less talented players did more to reach and play to their potential than several of the more talented and highly rated players did. And like you said, they played with heart, which several of the more talented players didn't do. For that, they deserve our appreciation. 

12 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

This a thousand times. 

Luke and several other less talented players did more to reach and play to their potential than several of the more talented and highly rated players did. And like you said, they played with heart, which several of the more talented players didn't do. For that, they deserve our appreciation. 

He was obviously the best we had at Mike. 72 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 Int's, 1 PD and 2 QBH

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Watching the Texas/Cal Baptist game on LHN and they just showed the commercial for the UT Freshman Research Institute again. Those freshman in the commercial are Jr's now. LHN really needs to update their crap.

Might be in the minority but hoping LHN in its current form fades into a memory once the SEC announcement is made. 

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From what I"ve been told, LHN will become another SEC network. There will be two SEC networks, one for each division. 

Can we portal to another division to avoid the LHN/SEC version?

Ok, I think I've figured this shit out. Sark is a genius.  He knew the only way to really rebuild was to tear it down.  They couldn't endure another 7-8 season only to have it implode in year 2 or 3. Come in, lower the expectations of the fan base and boosters, rebuild and shock everyone in year 2 and 3.  How else can you explain a PK defense staying in a cover 2 shell all season long, no matter what the down and distance are?  Or how else can you explain playing BJ Foster and Schooler at S or Brock at LB? It has all been a setup.  Sark is running this program like the way he calls an offensive gameplan. Everything is a setup for the next play.  Well I say well done sir, well done.  I would take my hat off to you, but I would be exposed.

aa90f987bcd5218ab7bd7ebd62589644.jpg