Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Again, we were talking DKR-Mack. DKR never coached in the Big 12. And Riley, who gives a shit?

This is ridiculous. I'm out.

DKR was never mentioned. Mack having no rings (conference championships included) when hired was the start of this conversation. 

Herman and Strong and Akers had conference titles, but not major conferences. If we are hiring retread college coaches, that might be a good resume item to be checked. 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

DKR was never mentioned. Mack having no rings (conference championships included) when hired was the start of this conversation. 

Herman and Strong and Akers had conference titles, but not major conferences. If we are hiring retread college coaches, that might be a good resume item to be checked. 

Then I'll step out and let you continue that conversation. Thats not remotely close to what I was discussing when you quoted me and responded.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

A necessary move. My only question about this (which I don't think anyone has asked) is why didn't he do this last season?

Did he just want a chance to see everyone play for a year to see what we had? He couldv'e gone back and watched game tape, but maybe he wanted a chance to coach them all himself. 

Hard to say, especially the OL since it didn't seem like Sark/Flood tried too hard there.

We've seen the previous two hires come in and severely overestimate what they have.

And I should've clarified before, but 33 isn't going to be hard since you're bringing in the freshman class.

I still agree with others saying we'll be looking at adding double digit players via the portal, JUCO, whatever.

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

North Carolina with no rings, Louisville and Houston are not the places you want your coach coming from. We got lucky with Mack, he was in over his head.

Sometimes it's better to let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

For what it's worth, TFB reporting Sark is kicking the tires on staff changes.

They don't believe it will be a total overhaul or anything like that, but there will be replacements on both the coaching and support staffs.

On the defensive side?  Choate? Hard to grade as our lb's are trash.  DB's ?  Our db play and particularly our safeties are garbage Thought Joseph came in highly respected and wasn't Gideon rated as a hot commodity up and coming young assistant? 

Maybe WR's. Coleman ?  Can he be credited with Worthy's development or was Worthy just that good. Haven't seen any development in our wr group since he's been here. 

Going to be interesting to watch. 

8 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

On the defensive side?  Choate? Hard to grade as our lb's are trash.  DB's ?  Our db play and particularly our safeties are garbage Thought Joseph came in highly respected and wasn't Gideon rated as a hot commodity up and coming young assistant? 

Maybe WR's. Coleman ?  Can he be credited with Worthy's development or was Worthy just that good. Haven't seen any development in our wr group since he's been here. 

Yeah, if I could only pick one position coach from each side of the ball, it would be Coleman and Joseph.

8 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Hard to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know what's worse. That Jones is that bad or that Karic is so bad he can't unseat Jones.

Karic was supposed to be physical and nasty. Where is that guy?

He got to UT, journey complete...

Seriously ikr.  What the hell is going on with our recruits?  Either the recruits are overrated or they are not being developed.   Most likely the latter.

Edited by DMAC