Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

On the Coach Davis video...IT saying the player who recorded and published the video isn't at practice and they have a portal article ready to go, but they aren't going to talk about it further until it's official.

Sark let the team decide the fate of this player.

Wait, he let the same candy asses who brought on this tirade decide something?

20 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I saw this on my twitter feed.  If this is true (dubious at best), apparently, Sark has seen enough to go scorched earth on the roster and I cant say I blame him.  I dont see 40 but anything over 15 is a HUGE indictment on the upper classmen who have seriously dropped the ball.  A lot of wasted 4-star talent

Thst is best recruiting for this weekend.  Every position will have open competition.  You come in here and bust your ass and grab it, it's yours.  We don't care if you're a freshman or grad transfer.  No loyalty, just best players and hardest workers.  We want guys that want to play FOR Texas, not play AT Texas

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I knew it was coming, but had no idea it would be as many as 40. What I've heard involved around 20 players, and I thought that was a lot. lol

He probably took it out context a bit when those 40 players could be a mix of graduation, retirement, portal, etc.

Regardless, roster turnover should be higher than usual if there's already talk about trying to bring in 10+ transfers.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I knew it was coming, but had no idea it would be as many as 40. What I've heard involved around 20 players, and I thought that was a lot. lol

I'd expect your number to be closer to accurate as far as portal numbers. Lots of dead weight to be sure but 40 kids through the portal would be rough to overcome. Expect Tfloss is accurate on the interpretation as well. Lots of hyperbole floating around these days.

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

He probably took it out context a bit when those 40 players could be a mix of graduation, retirement, portal, etc.

Regardless, roster turnover should be higher than usual if there's already talk about trying to bring in 10+ transfers.

What your take on number of spots available? Plus the 22 commited.

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

If Vogel at TFB is correct, the hardest hit unit will be the DL. He thinks that's why Texas has recruited so many DL. He also says there will be a surprising name leave. I interpreted that to mean Coburn.

4 hours ago, Baron said:

If Vogel at TFB is correct, the hardest hit unit will be the DL. He thinks that's why Texas has recruited so many DL. He also says there will be a surprising name leave. I interpreted that to mean Coburn.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see big Al explore his options and could definitely see Broughton. Alfred would be a bigger name to me than Coburn given the years of eligibility left.

49 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see big Al explore his options and could definitely see Broughton. Alfred would be a bigger name to me than Coburn given the years of eligibility left.

I'm thinking Alfred is getting more playing time as the season progresses.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, Rotty22 said:

1st sentence - Agreed

2nd - When?  I haven't seen it.

Small glimpses.  Game 1, he was given time and made several outstanding throws.  He did overthrow 3 deep balls, but that can get better with time.  Nothing looked good against Arkansas, except the one scramble where he found Whittington who dropped a TD.  
last game he was given some time and made his progressions and hit his check downs.  
he’s a freshman in his 3rd or 4th game.  I don’t really know what anybody expects from him (or Casey) with this OL and a coach that puts them in bad situations in second halves.

5 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Small glimpses.  Game 1, he was given time and made several outstanding throws.  He did overthrow 3 deep balls, but that can get better with time.  Nothing looked good against Arkansas, except the one scramble where he found Whittington who dropped a TD.  
last game he was given some time and made his progressions and hit his check downs.  
he’s a freshman in his 3rd or 4th game.  I don’t really know what anybody expects from him (or Casey) with this OL and a coach that puts them in bad situations in second halves.

He's actually a sophomore with a redshirt freshman status. He's had a full year on TRUE freshman Charles Wright.