Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

2 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Leave the door open behind you buddy, it's gonna be busy. Lot's of players riding the pine while watching this futility think they deserve a shot on the field.  Recruited by GEORGIA, LSU and Baylor, he'll land on his feet.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Hate to see Josh leave, especially given our depth at WR. Time for Dixon to step up.

As many breaks as JM has received since at UT, this probably needs to be the end of it.

According to Brainiacs, Josh Moore did not leave the team and went to the showers with the team after practice. Apparently he and Sark had a conversation after practice and worked things out.

50 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

This kinda reminds me of when cheese accused me of being an aggy awhile back for voicing my disdain of Chris Simms. I'm a UT grad, was in the stands for VY's natty, and a current season ticketholder. LOL, I just really dislike Simms.

I never put myself in either camp (Simms or Applewhite), although I have a strong admiration for the warrior inside Applewhite. I enjoyed Simms' play as much as the next guy. There were just some days that he couldn't do much right. Happens to me, too.

Cheese has been guilty of that name calling thing. He is a very likable guy but that's not the likable part. lol He once called me and another poster a pedophile supporter because we were reserving judgement on some mormon-cast off until a trial was held. lol

18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I never put myself in either camp (Simms or Applewhite), although I have a strong admiration for the warrior inside Applewhite. I enjoyed Simms' play as much as the next guy. There were just some days that he couldn't do much right. Happens to me, too.

Cheese has been guilty of that name calling thing. He is a very likable guy but that's not the likable part. lol He once called me and another poster a pedophile supporter because we were reserving judgement on some mormon-cast off until a trial was held. lol

I was admittedly an Applewhite guy and he's still one of my favorite Longhorns of all time. And no hard feelings to cheese. I still read his posts and comment, etc.

Heads up. If you want a brutally honest assessment of our roster, read this:

https://utdonors.thefootballbrainiacs.com/thirsty-thursday-honest-chat-part-ii-2-qbs-in-22-hoops-notes/

Its the first subject in the column and breaks down each player on the roster who had a high ranking coming out of high school.

A couple of samplings:

"4-Star QB Hudson Card (A converted WR in HS that didn’t start at QB until his Junior season, Card was benched during his 2nd career start after failing to muster any points after 7 consecutive drives. He’s behind a player that still has two seasons of eligibility remaining and will probably transfer after the season.)"

5-Star ATH Ja’Tavion Sanders (Refuses to play Defense. Level 1. The highest-rated recruit that Texas has landed over multiple cycles has been rendered useless and is redshirting at a position that Texas doesn’t utilize in the passing game. Two 3-Star recruits at the same position from the same class -Juan Davis and Gunnar Helm- have earned snaps over Sanders this season.)

5-Star LB Ben Davis (Career back-up that wasn’t even a Texas recruit. Never started a game at Bama despite being a legacy recruit and doesn’t play any real snaps for Texas. Colossal bust.)

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Heads up. If you want a brutally honest assessment of our roster, read this:

https://utdonors.thefootballbrainiacs.com/thirsty-thursday-honest-chat-part-ii-2-qbs-in-22-hoops-notes/

Its the first subject in the column and breaks down each player on the roster who had a high ranking coming out of high school.

A couple of samplings:

"4-Star QB Hudson Card (A converted WR in HS that didn’t start at QB until his Junior season, Card was benched during his 2nd career start after failing to muster any points after 7 consecutive drives. He’s behind a player that still has two seasons of eligibility remaining and will probably transfer after the season.)"

5-Star ATH Ja’Tavion Sanders (Refuses to play Defense. Level 1. The highest-rated recruit that Texas has landed over multiple cycles has been rendered useless and is redshirting at a position that Texas doesn’t utilize in the passing game. Two 3-Star recruits at the same position from the same class -Juan Davis and Gunnar Helm- have earned snaps over Sanders this season.)

5-Star LB Ben Davis (Career back-up that wasn’t even a Texas recruit. Never started a game at Bama despite being a legacy recruit and doesn’t play any real snaps for Texas. Colossal bust.)

The Sanders thing is soooooooooooo frustrating.

Also, Ben Davis...a great example of blue chippers not always panning out.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

certainly, and that's why name calling SHOULD be moderated. The person doing the name calling can ALWAYS justify it.  

with moderating: silence is consent

This is your one warning, and others are being notified as well.

These weird, snarky comments you've made since the days I was at SpursTalk won't carry over here.

My focus is bringing as much info as I can to the board without having to deal with indirect shots at me, or deleting comments from the same two or three people every day.

Take a break.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:57 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

According to Brainiacs, Josh Moore did not leave the team and went to the showers with the team after practice. Apparently he and Sark had a conversation after practice and worked things out.

Sark said it was a coaching moment and I guess Moore didn’t like it.  Not sure why certain reporters have to embellish and not just report facts.