Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

28 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

As I understand WR can go out of bounds reestablish his position in bounds and then he is legal to catch a pass.

Different in pros.

Texas tackles looked bad but OU has the best DES theywill face all year.

Incorrect. If a player goes out of bounds, he cannot be the first player to touch the ball once he's in bounds.

53 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Rule 7-3-4 covers this. I was wrong

Player goes out ob bounds on his can not catch a legal pass if he is first touches the ball.

If forced out of bounds and imeadlity comes back in he is leagly able to catch a pass.

Officals must have he was forced outor wereveryincompent.

Same thing happened against Tech and they let the TD stand. Thanks Big 12.

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sark is a whole lot smarter than I am on these things, but it seems to me that Washington can't duplicate the speed of Whitt . . . but K-Rob can. Why no K-Rob?

Makes me wonder if there is something practice wise with K-Rob. Hard to explain what is going on there since he clearly has game changing attributes. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sark is a whole lot smarter than I am on these things, but it seems to me that Washington can't duplicate the speed of Whitt . . . but K-Rob can. Why no K-Rob?

iCheck out Washington running behind Worthy on first play. Looked fast to me. KRob might be faster however.

After watching the game with rewind and slomo I feel worse than Saturday.  First a one eyed man could have seen reciever was out of bounds with out a push!

Sark let up on gas by not calling TO quicker right before half. 3 or 3 shots at TD. 4 more points possible.

When OU found out Brooks could run through defence like a dose of salts through a widow woman Texas was in trouble.

Still could won except for two bone head plays running out of endzone.

Three quarters was great takes four to win. Poor field position and fumble KO return did us in.

Looking forward to improvements on Fox next Sat.

After reading OU new QB is best thing since sliced bread, He is alittle faster and has a stronger arm more zip. However desplte him giving OU a boost Brooks was player who won the game

IMO Texas gave it away!

9 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

After watching the game with rewind and slomo I feel worse than Saturday.  First a one eyed man could have seen reciever was out of bounds with a push!

Sark let up on gas by not calling TO quicker right before half. 3 or 3 shots at TD. 4 more points possible.

When OU found out Brooks could run through defence like a dose of salts through a widow woman Texas was in trouble.

Three quarters was great takes four to win. Poor field position and fumble KO return did us in.

Just watched the last TD run by Brooks on LHN again. How in the world is holding on the ou WR not called? The Horn DB is turned sideways trying to make a play and clearly grabbed. Just pathetic. 

17 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

After watching the game with rewind and slomo I feel worse than Saturday.  First a one eyed man could have seen reciever was out of bounds with a push!

Relax, the push came well before the WR went out of bounds. It was shown again and again in slow motion during the game. The WR was not forced out of bounds.

6 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Just watched the last TD run by Brooks on LHN again. How in the world is holding on the ou WR not called? The Horn DB is turned sideways trying to make a play and clearly grabbed. Just pathetic. 

That went on all game. Sometimes OU players look like tree hugers both arms around a player. Gone on for years.

2 hours ago, Coot said:

It looks like Tope Imade is starting at right guard and Kerstetter is back to right tackle. Karic is backing up both tackles. Sorry if this is old news. I just saw it.

I'm glad to see Imade finally get his shot. Its been a long time coming. With his size, he's ideal for the guard spot. Big man.

He's played under what? Three different DC's now?