Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Not saying anything here that everyone doesn’t already know, including Sark, but we better get ready and have a good week of practice because Gundy will have his team ready.  He always does and now he has two weeks to prepare. 

On the OU reciever out of bounds back in and caught the ball. As I understand rules this is a legal catch , many do not 

Comments! 

Also read Casey's dad was is stands dressed in orange. I saw him in black no big deal at least his cap all gas

Third if coaches watch film of OU oppoents why on passes to the Robinson's. Vaugune (  spelling) ate OU's lunch sure was needed in second half

Thoughts!

18 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

On the OU reciever out of bounds back in and caught the ball. As I understand rules this is a legal catch , many do not 

Comments! 

Also read Casey's dad was is stands dressed in orange. I saw him in black no big deal at least his cap all gas

Third if coaches watch film of OU oppoents why on passes to the Robinson's. Vaugune (  spelling) ate OU's lunch sure was needed in second half

Thoughts!

It wasn't. For that to be a legal catch, he would have had to be pushed out of bounds. He wasn't.

Casey's dad was shown many times on TV. He had UT garb on. Can't recall the color.

If coaches watch film of OU, they'll see unbridled holding by their OL. Every. Single. Play.

The OU receiver wasn't  pushed out of bounds, but the officials and the headquarters of the Big 12 hates us more than OU and know that no matter what we are saying; we are leaving sooner than they know. This is why they get the calls and we don't.  Thus the 1 holding penalty after they got the lead. 

The refs in this game were terrible as always. Not looking at if the player was out if bounds was bad. The amount of holding the ou linemen were doing was terrible. Not reviewing if Caleb Williams arm was moving forward when the ball came out was probably the most egregious one for me. We recovered so there is reason to look and it seemed like it was a fumble. If we get that call. We are in scoring position. We take some time of the clock and get 3 or 7 right there and they don’t points. But the refs decide they don’t want to look at what is potentially a huge turnover. Just to make sure. Man our team choked the game away but the refs sure made it easier for that to happen. 

The part that confused me the most about the non out of bounds call was that the referee on that sideline actually threw his hat down at the spot. That is a clear indication he saw something. Yet, he was either overruled or simply forgot why he threw his hat off. I could understand if they explained that the WR had re-established himself in bounds (not sure if that matters in college) but to act as if it did not even happen was ludicrous. Add to that the clear non call of holding by the WR on the final TD and it was the culmination of a typically terribly called Texas/OU game. That said, 3 man fronts and no pressure is always a bad defensive plan. We still do not know how to finish!!

11 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Comments! 

Thoughts!

Can you explain what you mean when you say "as I understand rules this is a legal catch"?

Oh well, the only thing they can do is take care of business this week against OSU.  Take it one week at a time and hope they meet OU again in the CC.

While the OL has been fairly bad this year, I think I'm most disappointed in the DL.  I expected more disruption, TFL's, and QB pressures. Admittedly, I did not watch this game, but what i have seen this year from the DL is guys that don't shed blocks.  Maybe that is by design to allow the LBs to make the play, but that is a passive defense and I hate passive defense.  Aggression  aggression and aggression is what this DL needs to be.

Amen Tex!! If I remember correctly, Coach K was billed as an attacking style DC. It may be that we do not have enough studs to perform at that level but I have not seen it through the first 6 games. We did attack Rattler on Saturday but seemed way too passive when Williams came in the game for my liking. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

As I understand WR can go out of bounds reestablish his position in bounds and then he is legal to catch a pass.

Different in pros.

Texas tackles looked bad but OU has the best DES theywill face all year.

He can reestablish himself if he was pushed out.

Woods went out by himself.