Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Let me start by saying I like having Texas as an unranked team right now, but how is UCLA still ranked?  They beat a bad LSU and Hawaii team and lost to a previously unranked Fresno State team.  That poll is jacked up.

33 minutes ago, texbound said:

Congrats to him!

With 9 reg season games remaining and a probable bowl, I think Bijan can hit the 2k club before the season is done.

With all the rb's we have I don't see him getting the carries he'll need for 2k. Plus there is the issue of our OL.

27 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

With all the rb's we have I don't see him getting the carries he'll need for 2k. Plus there is the issue of our OL.

Well, all he has to to is keep his current avg of 99.6yds a game for the remaining 10 games (bowl included) and he will be at 2k for his career.

Just a thought, but there has got to be a way to have Bijan, Keilen, Jwhitt, and Worthy on the field at the same time. On that note, they have got to think of more ways to get Keilen Robinson the ball more out in space (like they did with X).  He is just too fast to play blowout minutes.  Maybe find a Ramonce Taylor type role with reverses, jet sweeps, or screens.  He can take it to the house on any play.  At least 8-10 touches a game, imo.

With all that said from this armchair QB, I would bet money that Sark has a plan for these things as the season progresses.  No need to show your cards before conference play.  Not trick plays, but true matchup advantages that Sark will exploit.  Never felt that way about the last staff.

19 hours ago, texbound said:

I figured that's what you thought.  I should've clarified.  I really hope we can vastly improve the OL by next year because they owe Bijan at least 1 year with a really go.....ok, maybe just good OL.

I hope so. We host Bama in the second week next year.