Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Then if Texas goes 3-3-5 there will be another LB on the field.

Afrer thought going from a four man front to a three man, does personal fit?

Hard to know completely but in my opinion, the players we have at the DL can make the switch. Big A, Broughton, Ojomo, and Goram Welch seem versatile enough to play either the 5 tech of the 4 man front or the 4 tech of the 3 man front. Coburn and Sweat have prototypical size for a 3 man front NG or a 4 man front 1 tech. Overshown can be an OLB or walk up end but is a little lite. Mitchell is the rangy MLB in a 3-3-5 but no idea who plays the other LB. Maybe Prince can be the stand up monster type position where he drops occasionally into coverage and offers some exotic blitzes across the front. Either way, the DBs must play better for any scheme to work.jmho.

Another thing I have to keep reminding myself with the whole 3 man v. 4 man front is that the evolution of offenses, defenses are much more reliant on sub packages now than ever. Although we may have a base of 3 or 4 man front, we will likely see multiple fronts used depending on game plan, opponent, and situations. Either way, I'd think whatever pieces the new staff thinks are missing or short will be heavily recruited through the portal and juco avenues.

Clemson, Oklahoma lead way-too-early top 25 ahead of 2021 season

There is plenty to look forward to in Steve Sarkisian's first season. The Alamo Bowl win over Colorado showed the offense can be centered around bruising tailback Bijan Robinson (8.2 yards per carry in 2020). Casey Thompson was a delightful teaser in throwing for four touchdowns against the Buffs. Come talk to me, though, when Texas beats Oklahoma.    

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-clemson-oklahoma-lead-way-too-early-top-25-ahead-of-2021-season/

56 minutes ago, primal defense said:

There is plenty to look forward to in Steve Sarkisian's first season. The Alamo Bowl win over Colorado showed the offense can be centered around bruising tailback Bijan Robinson (8.2 yards per carry in 2020). Casey Thompson was a delightful teaser in throwing for four touchdowns against the Buffs. Come talk to me, though, when Texas beats Oklahoma.    

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-clemson-oklahoma-lead-way-too-early-top-25-ahead-of-2021-season/

There some good and bad in that article/rankings.

Ohio State should not be ranked that high. They lose so much. Green QB.

Agree with the OU ranking and maybe even Iowa State being in the top 10.

Clemson is another team breaking in a new QB. Hard to take the #1 ranking seriously.

I know Georgia seems cursed, but they have what it takes to make a run and its coming back. Experience at QB.

Aggy's #10 ranking is way too high. They point to Jimbo winning it all in his fourth year at Florida State. I don't think he had a brand new QB to break in while doing it.

12 hours ago, primal defense said:

Maybe one of Sark's biggest needs.  Get the beat OU monkey off UT's back.  

On 1/10/2021 at 10:37 AM, NEOkHorn said:

Hard to know completely but in my opinion, the players we have at the DL can make the switch. Big A, Broughton, Ojomo, and Goram Welch seem versatile enough to play either the 5 tech of the 4 man front or the 4 tech of the 3 man front. Coburn and Sweat have prototypical size for a 3 man front NG or a 4 man front 1 tech. Overshown can be an OLB or walk up end but is a little lite. Mitchell is the rangy MLB in a 3-3-5 but no idea who plays the other LB. Maybe Prince can be the stand up monster type position where he drops occasionally into coverage and offers some exotic blitzes across the front. Either way, the DBs must play better for any scheme to work.jmho.

Don't forget about Ja'Tavion Sanders as a OLB on the line.  It'll be interesting to see if he'll be used on the offensive side as well...