Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Never thought of Bill as a plan B kind of guy but I'm okay with it.lol

Seriously, Rhule would be my first guess but I'd be shocked if he would return to college so quickly.

Important to note that they didn't say it was a "head" coach.

This could potentially be a coordinator, but it's someone to be happy about.

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Important to note that they didn't say it was a "head" coach.

This could potentially be a coordinator, but it's someone to be happy about.

I checked the list for NFL offensive and defensive coordinators and I found two that UT could sell to the fans beside Joe Brady. If it's not of these two then I have no idea who they are talking about. Bieniemy and Daboll both have college experience. Bieniemy is one of the top candidates for a NFL job and was an OC at Colorado and Daboll was an offensive coordinator at Alabama when they won a NC. 

Eric Bieniemy, Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator

As one of the most-discussed head coaching candidate for 2021, Eric Bieniemy has been part of the explosive fireworks show that is the Chiefs’ offense. While Andy Reid is the ultimate mastermind behind the operation, Bieniemy has been a key cog in the game planning and installation of the offense.

Bieniemy’s last stint as the true offensive coordinator of a team occurred at the collegiate level at the University of Colorado. His Colorado teams in two years combined for four wins and were ranked 109th and 120th in the country. There’s a gamble to be had, but it could pay off in a big way if he can replicate the Chiefs’ success.

Brian Daboll, Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator

Wherever Brian Daboll has gone, success has followed. Daboll comes from an outstanding coaching tree, working under both Bill Belichick and Nick Saban throughout his career. As the offensive coordinator of the Bills, Daboll has developed Josh Allen into an MVP candidate and has engineered one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL. With his coaching pedigree and his success in Buffalo, a team that needs an offensive mind at the helm to take advantage of their talent should make a run for Daboll in the 2021 head coaching search

Okay dammit, I'll do it.

But I ain't putting up with no "we're so oppressed" bs. They will feel oppressed after their first two a days with me.

You don't practice, you don't play.

Asthma field is about a mile over there ––>

We start over on the OL. This is Texas. You will block your man or you will find the bench. 

Sing The Eyes. This is Texas. This is just what we do. 

Do we have a band or not? If not, can we hire one?

I'm a cheap date. A few mil a year, lake house, and one of those F-250s we keep giving out to recruits.

lol

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So Kerstetter is probably out for this game (ankle). He's in a walking boot.

If he can't go, here's your starting OL for KSU.

• LT – Christian Jones
  • LG – Junior Angilau
  • C – Jake Majors
  • RG – Denzel Okafor
  • RT – Reese Moore

Kstate DL going to have a fun day.

3 hours ago, primal defense said:

I checked the list for NFL offensive and defensive coordinators and I found two that UT could sell to the fans beside Joe Brady. If it's not of these two then I have no idea who they are talking about. Bieniemy and Daboll both have college experience. Bieniemy is one of the top candidates for a NFL job and was an OC at Colorado and Daboll was an offensive coordinator at Alabama when they won a NC. 

Eric Bieniemy, Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator

As one of the most-discussed head coaching candidate for 2021, Eric Bieniemy has been part of the explosive fireworks show that is the Chiefs’ offense. While Andy Reid is the ultimate mastermind behind the operation, Bieniemy has been a key cog in the game planning and installation of the offense.

Bieniemy’s last stint as the true offensive coordinator of a team occurred at the collegiate level at the University of Colorado. His Colorado teams in two years combined for four wins and were ranked 109th and 120th in the country. There’s a gamble to be had, but it could pay off in a big way if he can replicate the Chiefs’ success.

Brian Daboll, Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator

Wherever Brian Daboll has gone, success has followed. Daboll comes from an outstanding coaching tree, working under both Bill Belichick and Nick Saban throughout his career. As the offensive coordinator of the Bills, Daboll has developed Josh Allen into an MVP candidate and has engineered one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL. With his coaching pedigree and his success in Buffalo, a team that needs an offensive mind at the helm to take advantage of their talent should make a run for Daboll in the 2021 head coaching search

IT Mods clarified it is a current NFL coach that has head coaching experience.  That could mean they were a P5 head coach and now either a head coach in the NFL or an assistant in the NFL.  It's not Daboll or Bienemy.  Some think it's Payton at NOLA, others think it could be Pete Carroll or Matt Rhule, but nobody really knows.  

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

IT Mods clarified it is a current NFL coach that has head coaching experience.  That could mean they were a P5 head coach and now either a head coach in the NFL or an assistant in the NFL.  It's not Daboll or Bienemy.  Some think it's Payton at NOLA, others think it could be Pete Carroll or Matt Rhule, but nobody really knows.  

Josh McDaniels fits the bill

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

OKay, rumor has it that Overshown, Eagles, Foster, Ingram and Ossai will all declare for the NFL draft.

Ingram is delusional if he thinks he even has a chance at a UFA deal. The rest other than Ossai aren't far behind.

I wonder if CDC's stance on TEOT hasn't pushed them towards the door. 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Ingram is delusional if he thinks he even has a chance at a UFA deal. The rest other than Ossai aren't far behind.

I wonder if CDC's stance on TEOT hasn't pushed them towards the door. 

I'm okay with it. Ossai is the only one with a chance of being drafted. The rest would be free agent signings, IMO. I hate losing Overshown as I think he could be special with another year. Eagles was coming into his own finally, but we have quality depth there. Foster is a head case I've heard. I truly don't know what Ingram is thinking.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

OKay, rumor has it that Overshown, Eagles, Foster, Ingram and Ossai will all declare for the NFL draft.

Other than Ossai, these gentlemen would do well to learn from Lil Jordan's experience. They would be better served to enter the portal and go somewhere else for another year to prepared for the NFL. Just have not seen enough out of any of them to warrant being drafted. Again, not inlcuding Ossai who has been mocked as a 1st round talent. Then again, none of them are asking for my advice. Bad look for the Herman and the state of the program to see so many jumping ship if true.imo

• Administrators

More on Urban Meyer from IT...

A Texas official has confirmed to them this morning that they just returned from negotiations in Columbus, and Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Issues discussed were his current health status and if his "hard-charging" approach would work in Austin.

IT said Texas does have a pitch to overcome those concerns.

13 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

A Texas official has confirmed to them this morning that they just returned from negotiations in Columbus, and Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Issues discussed were his current health status and if his "hard-charging" approach would work in Austin.

If that's the case, then they might as well let Herman go now and elevate Ash to interim HC for the final 2 gms and bowl. This is a distraction (not that it matters) and should ripped off like a bandaid, imo.

With that said, this sounds like good news and it sounds like Texas has their shit together this time and is acting like a blue blood, power team should in regards to going after what they want.  Only took them 9 years to get here. 

23 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

What happened to his wanting his former staff. It sounded like a deal breaker.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, texbound said:

If that's the case, then they might as well let Herman go now and elevate Ash to interim HC for the final 2 gms and bowl. This is a distraction (not that it matters) and should ripped off like a bandaid, imo.

With that said, this sounds like good news and it sounds like Texas has their shit together this time and is acting like a blue blood, power team should in regards to going after what they want.  Only took them 9 years to get here. 

Keep in mind Texas not having an official opening gives them more cover to work behind the scenes.

They will want the transition from Herman to Meyer to be as quick as possible.

10 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods added that the person who met with Meyer in Columbus was Texas'  BOR Chairman, Kevin Eltife.

https://www.utsystem.edu/board-of-regents/current-regents/kevin-p-eltife

So wait, you're saying that the guys working on the flight aware stuff were right? They called a plane from Tyler, TX to Columbus yesterday.