Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

“That’s not for me to decide,” Herman said postgame when he was asked whether he was the right person to lead Texas. “Where we have the program compared to where it was when we took over — the future is very bright. I feel great about the trajectory of our program.”

Sounds a lot like "The cake is baked"

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

CDC should be feeling the pressure.  These are the duties you embrace when you take a position like this and are paid to make those tough decisions.  You can't make a decision based off of friendships or loyalty in this role, you give up that right when you accept.  Just like a head coach, you have to hire the best fit for the program, not your buddy.  I know CDC will make the right decision. We just need to have patience.  Forget about the 2021 recruiting class, that's a lost cause, but there is still time for 2022 and beyond if he makes the right hire and puts friendships to the side.

18 minutes ago, Baron said:

“That’s not for me to decide,” Herman said postgame when he was asked whether he was the right person to lead Texas. “Where we have the program compared to where it was when we took over — the future is very bright. I feel great about the trajectory of our program.”

Sounds a lot like "The cake is baked"

Baron, I'm not yelling at you on this.  I just wanted to get that out of the way.

This is the bullshit that i'm tired of from TH. Quit trying to sell the magic beans.  This was the year you circled for that beanstalk to be fully grown. It's always next year. Bad, unprepared teams find a way to lose these close games more often than they win.  You got lucky against TT, WVU and OkSt.  Quit selling this and own up to the fact that this was above what you expected. Is the program better than it was under Strong? Yes.  However, how much of that is due to TH or CDC?  Strong had Patterson and then an interim AD. Hell, there are a lot of mediocre coaches out there that could've done what TH has done in the last 4 years, imo.  Texas has lost an avg of 4.5 games a year under Herman.  Quit selling the future is bright.  As my dad used to tell me, doesn't matter how long you put things off, the bill always comes due.

Just now, texbound said:

Baron, I'm not yelling at you on this.  I just wanted to get that out of the way.

This is the bullshit that i'm tired off from TH. Quit trying to sell the magic beans.  This was the year you circled for that beanstalk to be fully grown. It's always next year. Bad, unprepared teams find a way to lost these close games more often than they win.  You got lucky against TT, WVU and OkSt.  Quit selling this and own up to the fact that this was above what you expected. Is the program better than it was under Strong? Yes.  However, how much of that is due to TH or CDC?  Strong had Patterson and then an interim AD. Hell, there are a lot of mediocre coaches out there that could've done what TH has done in the past years, imo.  Texas has lost an avg of 4.5 games a year under Herman.

I agree 100%. I was just pointing out the parallels between the end of Strong's tenure and possibly Herman's.

So, I've been on the fence of whether i want Texas to go full on after Meyer.  Mind you, I'm not on the fence of Herman's time being over. However, I'm fully on board with Meyer now after one thing my son told me, "with UM, let's see Gary Patterson just try and negative recruit against Texas then".  That statement right there was the final one for me.  Hiring Meyer might be a death hire for GP.  He is a good coach, but he hangs his hat on beating Texas. 

33 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Questions for the board.

1 Was Rattler benched for a short  time or was he injured wrist or hand?

2 Did Texas let Hall score last TD. by opening a hole?

Read these things happened but IMO thet did not asking others opinion.

Rattler was benched for his play

Herman said they were going to let him score if they made a first down, but not a TD.

38 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

More on Herman's job status...IT is reporting he is hoping for a vote of confidence from CDC and the athletic department soon, but they don't expect that to occur.

Herman's weekly press conference is still scheduled to happen tomorrow.

He's hoping for a vote of confidence hmm.

Hope GIF

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

More on Herman's job status...IT is reporting he is hoping for a vote of confidence from CDC and the athletic department soon, but they don't expect that to occur.

Herman's weekly press conference is still scheduled to happen tomorrow.

Additional notes from IT...

- a prominent agent is of the opinion that Urban Meyer to Texas will get done.

- money will not be an issue, and the deal being offered is for 5 years / $60 million.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Additional notes from IT...

- a prominent agent is of the opinion that Urban Meyer to Texas will get done.

- money will not be an issue, and the deal being offered is for 5 years / $60 million.

They added a well-known coach also believes Meyer will be Texas' next coach.

The money is too good to pass up and he has the desire to coach again.