Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

40 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Other UT sports' coaches have told 247 they've known for a while what CDC expects for the school song and there haven't been any problems, but for some reason there's miscommunication/disconnect with the football team.

This just gets better and better. <sarcasm> SMH

Read a story today about this, can't remember what site it was. But it talked about the specifics in the CDC request to the fall sports programs. CDC is not accustomed to being defied. So CDC has a burr up his butt about this but from the lingo CTH is using in response, it doesn't seem like the message is getting through very well.

We'll see if the tail wags the dog here.

53 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Read a story today about this, can't remember what site it was. But it talked about the specifics in the CDC request to the fall sports programs. CDC is not accustomed to being defied. So CDC has a burr up his butt about this but from the lingo CTH is using in response, it doesn't seem like the message is getting through very well.

We'll see if the tail wags the dog here.

I see 2 scenarios here. Neither of which would shock me. 

1. Tom was insubordinate to his boss.

2. The players were insubordinate to their coach. 

As far as I'm concerned, there has been a total organizational failure from top to bottom. From the President of the university all the way down to the players. No passes for anyone. Well, except for Sam E. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

As far as I'm concerned, there has been a total organizational failure from top to bottom. From the President of the university all the way down to the players. No passes for anyone. Well, except for Sam E. 

I'll take door number 1 Monte. It's starting to look like Herman was more interested in mollifying the SJW's on the team. 

16 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Had a professor tell a class I was taking; "be careful thinking you are the smartest person in the room". Seems more and more that Herman believes he is the smartest person in every room. Never seems to work out long term for people like that.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Brainaics open post is up some thoughts about problems at Texas. Agree or disagree differentlook at problems.

This is what they said about Sam staying on the field. Still not sold on the crew at the Brainiacs. 

Do I believe that it is not a great look that the majority of the guys didn’t stay out there? Yes. 

Sure, it would be nice to show some unity by everyone sticking around together and standing afterward for the song. From the other side of the spectrum, though, they kind of DID show unity by everyone being on the same page and leaving the field. In that same breath, I think one guy choosing to stay out on the field by himself could also be considered not being a good teammate. Just a thought. 

26 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

This what they said about Sam staying on the field. Still not sold on the crew at the Brainiacs. 

Do I believe that it is not a great look that the majority of the guys didn’t stay out there? Yes. 

Sure, it would be nice to show some unity by everyone sticking around together and standing afterward for the song. From the other side of the spectrum, though, they kind of DID show unity by everyone being on the same page and leaving the field. In that same breath, I think one guy choosing to stay out on the field by himself could also be considered not being a good teammate. Just a thought. 

And that right there says it all when it comes to SJW's. Lets pick on the one guy that doesn't break tradition. That's the main reason that this movement has so much "support", people are afraid to rock the boat. Hat's off to Ehlinger for showing his school spirit despite cancel culture.

4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Brainaics open post is up some thoughts about problems at Texas. Agree or disagree differentlook at problems.

I'm sorry, but that was one of the most retarded things I've read in a while. And he was proven wrong on the "unity" thing being all going to the locker room together while Sam stayed. Turns out, none of them even knew the EOT was being played. 

On 10/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, primal defense said:
Yes, recruiting was like a job once he couldn't do it on a successful level and yes cheating was aa important factor.  However, your saying that it was the only reason and I'm saying it was the cheating and race used against DKR.

If cheating was the only factor then Fred Akers would not have had the number one recruiting class in country in 1978. That class  had the number one player in the country in AJ Jones. That class also had Donnie Little, Lawrence Sampleton and the future number one pick in the NFL draft Kenneth Sims.

Akers was able to recruit well enough that the 1983 team had the greatest defense in school history. Unfortunately, Akers personality and his lack of a successful offense over time hurt his recruiting ability

The SWC became toxic in the 1980's with the pony express and aggies and UT recruiting was hurt until the longhorns went to the Big 12.

After the 1983 season, 17 Longhorns were taken in the 1984 draft. Nine of the 11 defensive starters were drafted, and the only reason the other two weren’t (Jerry Gray & Tony DeGrate) was because they were juniors. 32 players (including redshirting freshmen) off of that roster would be drafted. Out of that number, 27 would make NFL rosters and play a total of 142 seasons in the league.

excellent post

One thing about Akers....He had an arrogance about him that would make tom Herman blush.He started throwing Texas HS coaches under the bus and refused requests for help with clinics and such. He pissed em off so bad that they quit letting his recruiters watch practices and started steering their kids to anywhere else. Fred poisoned the well. It was a damned shame.

10 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Watching clemson annihilate ga tech (sigh) oh to ever be that good. Also hedging my bet that we beat west virginia. They have athletes that we seem to always have issues tackling. And we're going to make their dline look like a bunch of all Americans.

Watching the same game here. KU isn't far from being an okay team. They're a bit disorganized and don't seem to play well as a team. But its this kind of team that at least once a year puts it together and makes it happen. I so hope its not when we play them. lol

WVU can run the ball and they seem dedicated to making sure that run game is the focus. They're not especially big or physical, but they wear you out with that run game. Not a bad passing team, either.

I don't see how we're not 3-7 when this thing ends.

30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Watching the same game here. KU isn't far from being an okay team. They're a bit disorganized and don't seem to play well as a team. But its this kind of team that at least once a year puts it together and makes it happen. I so hope its not when we play them. lol

WVU can run the ball and they seem dedicated to making sure that run game is the focus. They're not especially big or physical, but they wear you out with that run game. Not a bad passing team, either.

I don't see how we're not 3-7 when this thing ends.

So they play like Texas?

I do not think Herman cares if he is fired.  He gets paid anyways and can use TEOT, BLM, and COVID as an excuse get a job elsewhere.

We can either pay this clown to lose games, smile every post game conferences, and enable TEOT distraction or pay to bring in Urban or similar.  No more unproven Strongs or Hermans. 

Herman will only be remembered for disrespecting TEOT.  Nothing else.