Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Yes never know what Urban would do but 8 or 9 large would get the conversation started. I think Urban’s ego would be the big thing that would make him want it. A chance to win a championship at a third school would probably sit big. Texas is a place that’s been down for 10 years and he could come in and recruit and win big here

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If what IT is saying is correct, then Tom did himself absolutely no favors in today's press conference. 

What could also add fuel to the fire is Texas doesn't play for two weeks. The memory of the past week, or should I say the past two weeks, will continue weigh heavily on the BMDs and decision makers. I'm not a BMD, but unless Texas is a "rolling ball of butcher knives" (youngsters, look up who said that), I suspect it is all over.

Guess I am old and narrow minded but I can not see any thing racist aboutthe Eyes. Does not say I been working on the plantation.

Says railroad chineselabor built a lot of that. No Chinese on team. And bottom line much better players than current bunchhave sang Eyes with no problem.

4 hours ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

What could also add fuel to the fire is Texas doesn't play for two weeks. The memory of the past week, or should I say the past two weeks, will continue weigh heavily on the BMDs and decision makers. I'm not a BMD, but unless Texas is a "rolling ball of butcher knives" (youngsters, look up who said that), I suspect it is all over.

Well, at the end of those two weeks we get to lose to Baylor. So that won't help anything.

21 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Guess I am old and narrow minded but I can not see any thing racist aboutthe Eyes. Does not say I been working on the plantation.

Says railroad chineselabor built a lot of that. No Chinese on team. And bottom line much better players than current bunch have sang Eyes with no problem.

Yeah, imagine the influence they could have if they won.

We can all admit this season is already a bust and 2021 recruiting has the potential to get way worse.  So with that said, make the move now.  Salvage what you can and turn the keys over to Ash for the time being.  Go all out for UM and put out feelers to others like a Kyle Shanahan, and whoever else you think would have an interest.  Bottomline, this cupboard isn't nearly as empty as when Strong left.  The longer you wait, the weaker the recruiting becomes and the more splintered this team becomes.

My fear is, this team unites and runs the table to finish 8-2, but just misses out on the B12 Championship thereby allowing Herman to start the cycle over. That's a long shot, but possible.

4 minutes ago, primal defense said:
It would seem that either there's a compromise between the donors and the players to stand and sing the Eyes of Texas or we tell recruits before they sign.

When we send out a scholarship offer it will say in the fine print that you must stand and sing the Eyes of Texas. Otherwise you can go to Alabama or Clemson. 

Why would our 3-star players go to Bama or Clemson? We don't recruit on their level yet.

I think that's the problem. The BMDs already made a compromise and doled out their end of the bargain. But they didn't get what they asked for in return.

It is amazing . . . outright a miracle that somehow, someway, UT was able to have teams for 100+ years where the players stayed, stood and sang at the end of the game. And now, they just can't?

lol, Yeah, I'd be up front about the tradition here and I think that's been the case since both of our great-grandfathers were born. 

Seeing Sam and our punter out there by themselves at the end of this game says all you need to know about this team. It is not unified at all. Maybe we should skip more practices and have more kumbaya meetings so we can get all emotional and stuff. They're not good at football, might as well be good at something.

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Why would our 3-star players go to Bama or Clemson? We don't recruit on their level yet.

I think that's the problem. The BMDs already made a compromise and doled out their end of the bargain. But they didn't get what they asked for in return.

It is amazing . . . outright a miracle that somehow, someway, UT was able to have teams for 100+ years where the players stayed, stood and sang at the end of the game. And now, they just can't?

lol, Yeah, I'd be up front about the tradition here and I think that's been the case since both of our great-grandfathers were born. 

Seeing Sam and our punter out there by themselves at the end of this game says all you need to know about this team. It is not unified at all. Maybe we should skip more practices and have more kumbaya meetings so we can get all emotional and stuff. They're not good at football, might as well be good at something.

3 star players? Urban Meyer or whomever will be going after 4 or 5 star players. Think the future son.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:00 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Enough said…ONLY Sam and Buchyvsky (sp), the punter, standing and recognizing “The Eyes of Texas” says it all!!! The Eyes of Texas is our school song and is NOT racist!!! As an alum of the University of Texas, I and others have a voice and say about keeping and respecting “The Eyes of Texas” as our school song.  It is NOT just a song to be sung and recognized in support of athletics.  It represents the entire University, past, present and future!!!  I say that if an athlete, especially on scholarship, at The University of Texas cannot at least stand in silence when “The Eyes of Texas” is played then he or she has the freedom to relinquish their scholarship and “PORTAL”!!!  All gory to God as WE are ALL His children!!!  Hook’em

• Administrators

Tuesday morning words from Burton at 247.

"A picture is worth a thousand words. Sam Ehlinger standing alone among a smattering of coaches and support personnel while the school’s Alma Mater is played at the Cotton Bowl was the final straw. In my correspondence with sources from within the Board of Regents all the way to megadonors who write large checks to complete capital projects currently underway, it is the appearance of sheer dysfunction and disrespect as much as it is the poor play on the field that could very well cost Tom Herman his job."

He also said that Herman sent  James Brockermeyer home with an offer of being a walk on. The number one center in the country with a brother whose the number one tackle in the country and he offers a walk on with our great offensive line recruitment. 

Iowa State on the same day offered James a scholarship.. Herman needs to go!

fD4OtMW.jpg