Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

17 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Has anyone seen any hard evidence CDC has the money to do it now? I haven’t. 

EkFCUPjXkAAnowN.jpeg.2206340f483d1f895cd4682a124c9696.jpeg

No, but we've never seen evidence that any AD had the money to do what they do. lol

BMDs will have to pay the buyout here, no question. And after they paid money into support for the social justice stuff, they simply asked that the Eyes and other traditions be kept. After walking off the field leaving Sam alone right after losing, again, to OU, many of the BMDs feel betrayed by CTH.

So yeah, I think the BMDs would fork over the cash to do it now. If UM is hired, it would save us assistant buy outs and new salaries. UM would likely keep much of the current staff.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

This is why I don't see Herman surviving the season.

Using Pro Football Focus numbers, the team as a whole allowed 23 pressures by the Sooners defense. Of the times that Sam Ehlinger dropped back to pass, he faced pressure on 32.8% of the time. Essentially a third of the time, the quarterback faced some sort of pressure. On those passes he was sacked a total of six times in this game. Ehlinger had an amoebic 2.6 yards per attempt. Longhorns Wire will have more on Ehlinger’s struggles a bit later on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/texas-longhorns-football-offensive-line-is-a-huge-concern/ar-BB19UXUz?ocid=uxbndlbing

14 hours ago, texbound said:

That seems very sound and logical.  However, Im going to hope for the irrational and emotional outcome of TH being let go now.  Don't give him a chance to rally some and gain momentum (not that they would).  If you have the backing and the money then do it now.  Salvage what you can.  I don't want any possibility of a year 5 by the team running the table.  That would just be fools gold.

I wouldn't worry about Herman saving his job. He would probably have to win five out of the last six games to finish 6-3 to save his job.

It's possible, but not probable.

• Administrators
On 10/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, TFloss32 said:

If you need something to hang your hat on, IT believes it's 25/75 that Herman keeps his job.

IT followed up this morning saying the 25% chance of Herman keeping his job was too generous, so read between the lines.

They said it's difficult to find any source that supports him at this point as he's made life tough for the administration.

He's also lit a fire under the boosters for many reasons including The Eyes (Del Conte taking heat too), recruiting falling apart, a lack of team discipline and meddling in the offense.

They added this is by far the worst it has been behind the scenes since Herman arrived.

• Administrators

One other important thing from IT is the money narrative or the idea that CDC wouldn't fire Herman.

They said it's important to keep in mind that while the school is in the red due to the pandemic, the boosters are in the green.

They have the negotiating leverage, they have the money and they want a proven winner to the point that a controversial coach like Urban Meyer isn't off the table.

23 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT followed up this morning saying the 25% chance of Herman keeping his job was too generous, so read between the lines.

They said it's difficult to find any source that supports him at this point as he's made life tough for the administration.

He's also lit a fire under the boosters for many reasons including The Eyes (Del Conte taking heat too), recruiting falling apart, a lack of team discipline and meddling in the offense.

They added this is by far the worst it has been behind the scenes since Herman arrived.

If what IT is saying is correct, then Tom did himself absolutely no favors in today's press conference. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If what IT is saying is correct, then Tom did himself absolutely no favors in today's press conference. 

True, and seems to be a moot point at this stage in the game.

Decison-makers will need to consider recruiting and portal going forward and the correct time to pull the plug.

14 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

True, and seems to be a moot point at this stage in the game.

Decison-makers will need to consider recruiting and portal going forward and the correct time to pull the plug.

As a human being, I feel for Tom Herman.  You never want to see anyone fail; however, this is what he signed up for when he took the job.  He has said it many, many times, the expectations are higher at Texas.  Right or wrong, based on the last 10 years, thats the way it is.  This isn't Iowa State, Kansas, or Kansas State where you can be successful winning low-to-mid tier bowls with an occasional NY6 bowl sprinkled in.  You accept that responsibility when you sign the contract.  If Ed O loses 2 to 3 more games this year, you will see their fan base and boosters start to raise a voice and they just won a NC last year.  So, I'll say again, I feel for Herman and his family during this time, but this is a business and right now business is not good for UT.  What's that line from Spiderman, "with great power comes great responsibility".  Tom had the power, but delayed paying and we all know the bill always comes due.

Hot Seat: Tom Herman, Texas

It’s back-to-back weeks in the hot seat chair for Herman and this weekend it was less about the loss and more about the product. This is a down year for Oklahoma. Its two best defenders are out, its running back room has been decimated, it’s got a first year starter at quarterback and the best playmakers at wide receiver are either suspended or injured. Texas has no such excuses but even so, a loss would be forgivable. The way Texas lost, with undisciplined penalties and untimely turnovers, made things much less palatable. Texas is an onside kick recovery against Texas Tech away from 1-3 and the heroics of Sam Ehlinger are going to waste. 

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-coaching-best-assistants-Week-6-hot-seat-Tom-Herman-152877219/

If we do change coaches, I want to go with the most for sure thing. IMO that would be Saban (ain’t going to get) Dabo (ain’t going to get), and Urban Meyer (can get). All I want to do is win. I want us to be like what Alabama does and we should be able too. 

So that’s the coaching search. If anyone else knows in for sure things just let me know. 

9 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

If we do change coaches, I want to go with the most for sure thing. IMO that would be Saban (ain’t going to get) Dabo (ain’t going to get), and Urban Meyer (can get). All I want to do is win. I want us to be like what Alabama does and we should be able too. 

So that’s the coaching search. If anyone else knows in for sure things just let me know. 

Nick, Dabo, and Urban are definitely the only sure things. Now, we just have to hope that Urban would actually take the job. And, as I said, no one should assume that they know what Urban would do or not do.