Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

The bad news on the OL continues. According to OB, Tyler Johnson is battling some kind of hereditary medical challenge and only this week was cleared for a 50% weight room workout load. And they are working very slowly to get Johnson healthy. That doesn't sound promising for a return anytime soon this season. 

54 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The bad news on the OL continues. According to OB, Tyler Johnson is battling some kind of hereditary medical challenge and only this week was cleared for a 50% weight room workout load. And they are working very slowly to get Johnson healthy. That doesn't sound promising for a return anytime soon this season. 

Honestly, if the medical challenge can be mitigated this year and he can return to 100% next year, then I'm good with that.  Think of it that Johnson opted out this year.  At least it's not he isn't on the 2 deep because he is a bust from a talent standpoint.  However, if his medical condition can't be corrected and he has to retire then thats whole other level of suck for the Oline going forward.

• Administrators

247 reporting QB Sam Ehlinger has been limited in practice this week due to a quadricep contusion he suffered against Texas Tech that had swelled to the point that the staff thought he tore his meniscus.

He also suffered damage to his left hand making it difficult to receive snaps.

RB Roschon Johnson has a rib injury but should be available.

42 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

247 reporting QB Sam Ehlinger has been limited in practice this week due to a quadricep contusion he suffered against Texas Tech that had swelled to the point that the staff thought he tore his meniscus.

See the source image

11 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

F, just beat TCU.  Stop the original octomom from being able to negatively recruit against Texas.  Get that TCU thorn out of their hoof. 2-6 against them since they joined the B12.  Just beat their asses tomorrow.  What more motivation do they need to play with more intensity and more passion?

I know every year it's beat OU, beat OU, but I think about this matchup more than that one (ok, not more each year, but I can tell you this much, I want this team to beat TCU more this year than I want them to beat OU).

On 10/1/2020 at 8:34 PM, North Texas Golfer said:

Texas seems to have problems every year keeping OL healthy. Then increased numbers would help with this problem.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Question for the board. Does any one else think Ingram might be over weight and lost some speed?

I don't remember if Ingram was ever the the home run threat from long distance when he was recruited. As for the fumble today, I thought it was a bad choice to have him carry the ball there. He had just had back to back plays covering approx. 70 yards and was gassed. Someone else should have carried the ball there.imo

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, as was pointed out, it makes you highly predictable.

I didn't finish my previous post because it kind of felt like piling on. While I agree with rewarding a kid's hard work as with Ingram's previous plays, the really good coaches know how to balance that decision with the overall need to win and the benefits of the whole team. Tom seems to struggle with those decisions which never seem to be the case for Saban, Urban, or Dabo. Their players seem to get it that if the team succeeds, everyone benefits. In year's past, the first down play would have been a QB power. Then again, the call may have been made by Jurcich which is the kind of OC play calling autonomy that everyone wondered about and was screaming for. Not to take any of the pressure or responsibility off of CTH.