Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per OrangeBloods, S BJ Foster quit the team during the game last night.

Holy shit, we can't even get 24 hours of bliss after a blowout win without bad news and drama.  Don't like your responsibilities, then do something about it and quitting is not it.

I'm just tired of kids saying, "I'm not scared of competition".  Then as soon as they get beat out, "I'm transferring".  Man up and take your job back.  Or you can go play at UTEP.  You'll get all the playing time you want without having to work for it.

51 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Seen that, prob won’t be the last with all the shit going on. Kid was my favorite on the D but I wouldn’t let him back on the team if he decides to. Quit when you can’t handle adversity. 

Are you talking about all the stuff that has been going on everywhere over the summer or is there even more stuff that is circling the program?

I've read and talked to some sources and nobody seems to know the "why" on BJ Foster quitting the team.

One thing I will point out is that Foster quit in the middle of a game. IMO, that is unforgivable. At this point, even if he apologized to everybody and their dog and begged to be back on the team, I don't know that I would.

You QUIT in the middle of a game!

How are your brothers supposed to count on you during battle when you're wrapped up in yourself?

2 hours ago, texbound said:

Holy shit, we can't even get 24 hours of bliss after a blowout win without bad news and drama.  Don't like your responsibilities, then do something about it and quitting is not it.

I'm just tired of kids saying, "I'm not scared of competition".  Then as soon as they get beat out, "I'm transferring".  Man up and take your job back.  Or you can go play at UTEP.  You'll get all the playing time you want without having to work for it.

Nope...it's all about entitlement and privilege with these kids.

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

According to The Brainiacs, Foster has expressed his remorse with the staff and will do formally tomorrow and with the team. So it sounds like he's on a path back to the team.

Will be interested to see what that road entails. Hopefully a little more than just a "heartfelt" apology to his teammates. 

In case you were wondering . . . OU QB Spencer Rattler's numbers from Saturday's game against Class 4A Missouri State. OU won 48-0.

Rattler was 14 of 17 for 290 yards and 4 TDs. However, 100 yards of that total came on two TD passes. He only played the first half.

QB Tanner Mordecai played most of the 2nd half and threw 1 INT in the end zone, but had a TD pass later.

OU had 608 yards of offense compared to Mizz State's 136.

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In case you were wondering . . . OU QB Spencer Rattler's numbers from Saturday's game against Class 4A Missouri State. OU won 48-0.

Rattler was 14 of 17 for 290 yards and 4 TDs. However, 100 yards of that total came on two TD passes. He only played the first half.

QB Tanner Mordecai played most of the 2nd half and threw 1 INT in the end zone, but had a TD pass later.

OU had 608 yards of offense compared to Mizz State's 136.

My daughter made the comment that "Rattler went off today". I simply said "he did what he was expected to do against North South middle Missouri state of depression"....

Sam wins Offensive POW.

Defensive player of week is from Tech, who almost lost to Houston Baptist, at home. Tech gave up 600 yards of offense. After playing an FCS team they are literally last in total defense in the country.

Can't believe they found something praise worthy out of that.

Watching the OkSt / Tulsa game and OkSt doesn't look all that good, but Tulsa looks like a Charlie Strong coached team.  No discipline, lack of clock management and just bonehead coaching.  Over 100+ yards in penalties, very predictable on 3rd downs.  Brings back nightmares.  OkSt OL is horrible.