Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes, it still counts and they will get an extra year of eligibility, which is the security blanket this decision provides.

With the way Texas has handled things, I'd feel very confident right now but not everybody sees it that way.

Seems most of the players opting out at Texas are borderline anyway with regards to significant playing time now or in the future. I'm thinking some of them never return at all after sitting out all year and not being able to participate in any football activities at all. 

I apologize that I have not been following this closely enough, so can somebody help me understand. If a player opts-out due to COVID-19, is his scholarship simply added to the 85 total already allowed for next year? That would mean UT would be allowed 85 + 4 scholarship players next year? 

If the B1G and PAC-12 didn't play at all this year (essentially all players have opted out involuntarily), will each team be able to carry their current 85 players + 25 recruits on their scholarship rosters next year?

13 hours ago, texbound said:

The NCAA is a complete joke.  That is absurd.  "I will not comment on the waiver or transfer"....translation, i had some strings pulled and bypassed the system, imo.  Then they (NCAA) shouldn't deny anyone from getting immediate eligibility.  Highly doubt UGA was a hardship for Daniels who needed to be by family or something like that.  

The NCAA's "mitigating circumstances" clause regarding transfers' eligibility, a rule that allows transfers to play immediately if they leave their school for circumstances that "directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete." 

I guess JT's health, safety or well-being was directly impacted at USC.

I don't know where you've been, but the NCAA has pretty much approving all transfer. Bru McCoy would have been approved to play at UT his freshman season if he had not decided to go back to LA from everything I read.

I believe it's good for college football for Daniels to play this year instead of sitting on the bench and I believe if he had wanted to transfer to Texas then he would have been approved.

This helped Georgia this year. In the future it may help Texas
5 hours ago, Coot said:

I apologize that I have not been following this closely enough, so can somebody help me understand. If a player opts-out due to COVID-19, is his scholarship simply added to the 85 total already allowed for next year? That would mean UT would be allowed 85 + 4 scholarship players next year? 

If the B1G and PAC-12 didn't play at all this year (essentially all players have opted out involuntarily), will each team be able to carry their current 85 players + 25 recruits on their scholarship rosters next year?

I'm not sure how they will handle that. I would imagine that all holdover seniors would get an extra year but not count against the 85 limit. The new Srs, Jrs, Sophs, and frosh would count against it. So if Ehlinger decided to return next year, he wouldn't count against the 85. Thats not anything I've read, that's me speculating.

I feel like I have just awoken from a coma. I have heard not one thing about camp this year. I even started a thread about fall camp and nobody knew any more than I did. There is a rumor going around that we might actually play a game in about 8 days or so, but the above post is the first reference to it I have seen. Are we going to have a season or not?

3 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I feel like I have just awoken from a coma. I have heard not one thing about camp this year. I even started a thread about fall camp and nobody knew any more than I did. There is a rumor going around that we might actually play a game in about 8 days or so, but the above post is the first reference to it I have seen. Are we going to have a season or not?

Silly, that's because it wasn't 8 days until today.

Didn't you watch the South Alabama vs Southern Miss game last night? It was weirdly quiet, no bands, but it was football thank God.

9 minutes ago, primal defense said:

What do you think about the running back by committee stance? I love the depth but have always thought you need a bell cow at running back.

2 hours ago, Baron said:

What do you think about the running back by committee stance? I love the depth but have always thought you need a bell cow at running back.

I love it. You will need all three backs through the season. No reason not to keep them primed. Let all three see some action and go with the hot hand.

I don't expect all three to make it through the season without injury. So this stuff tends to work itself out.

21 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I love it. You will need all three backs through the season. No reason not to keep them primed. Let all three see some action and go with the hot hand.

I don't expect all three to make it through the season without injury. So this stuff tends to work itself out.

I guess I just miss the 1000 yd back. 🤓

27 minutes ago, Baron said:

I guess I just miss the 1000 yd back. 🤓

Yeah, me too. Back when the NFL only played 10 game seasons, getting 1,000 yards was a big deal.

Now they play 16 game seasons, which while conducive to 1,000 yard production, its also conducive to injury and wear/tear.

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

So for TV streamers like myself what’s the best way to watch LHN? I got rid of Direct tv a year ago and never looked back... until this coming Saturday! A quick google search suggested “Vue” a 5 day free trial but any other suggestions? 

Sling!  Signup for a free trial.  I have Sling anyway so it works for me.  I think you may have to get the sports pack.

PS Vue went out of business about a year ago.  It was good and I was pissed to see it go.