Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Remember when Texas started the LHN?  It all started downhill when the head coach had all the extra stuff to worry about.  This could be bad too

Herman's selling it so he can get recruits.  He's just using the additional tool.  Nothing like LHN and Texas has a distinct advantage here.  I'd be highly pissed if he didn't take advantage of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Herman's selling it so he can get recruits.  He's just using the additional tool.  Nothing like LHN and Texas has a distinct advantage here.  I'd be highly pissed if he didn't take advantage of it.

I understand what you are saying, but I think you missed my point.  It’s not Herman I was talking about.  It’s the players I feel this could affect if it’s all they think about.  And the same was said of the LHN..... a distinct advantage, will be beneficial to recruiting.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I understand what you are saying, but I think you missed my point.  It’s not Herman I was talking about.  It’s the players I feel this could affect if it’s all they think about.  And the same was said of the LHN..... a distinct advantage, will be beneficial to recruiting.... 

LHN isn't going to allow the kids to make real $.  LHN was to be added exposure, or perceived that way, but in reality it's not much different.  Having the platform, city, and backing of your athletic dept to monetize your likeness is on a completely different stratosphere and a HUGE advantage that Tom is taking advantage of as he should.  It will truly allow Texas to separate itself due to the factors mentioned.

 

And you mentioned how LHN added all kinds of extra duties for Mack and was bad so I concluded you felt the same would happen to Herman.  He's doing a great job of leveraging it in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 6:22 PM, Drb522 said:

Remember when Texas started the LHN?  It all started downhill when the head coach had all the extra stuff to worry about.  This could be bad too

No, the LHN network did not cause the program to decline. That was Mack Brown making excuses when the program started to decline.
 
The LHN didn't have anything to do with the lousy assistant coaches that Charlie Strong and Herman has hired.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...