Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I hope you invited them to become Texas fans this year. After all Tom Herman won the same amount of National Championships at Ohio State as Urban Meyer.:)

Ohio State fans??? I wouldnt let them change the tires on the bus. Screw them....rotten bunch of whiney butts....

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

So the season looks like it might come off after all.....

....then you get the news that Sam is Practicing with a brace on one knee.....Whats up with that and how come no one is talking about it?

He wore one in practice last year. But he didn't wear one in the games. He will wear one in practice this year, but not wear one in the games.

8 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Was reading a few Ohio State boards they are pissed but are convinced that the Big 12, sec and ACC will eventually cancel as well..

Life is going to suck for them when they have to sit and watch the Big 12, SEC and ACC play ball this season. However, they will have all the time in the world to recruit.

OSU coach – Hey, thought I'd drop by Saturday and visit with you. Would that be okay?

Recruit: "Nah man, don't come by then. I'll be chillin and watching the Texas game." lol

9 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I mean, you could get hit by a drunk driver, your airplane crash and burn, or an anvil fall out of the sky and hit you in the head too.  Shit happens 

Or you could run around shooting your guns outside a police station, drive 100 mph down a residential street, shoot heroin with one hand while smoking crack with the other, drive without a seatbelt, smoke your cigarettes in a bar/restaurant/plane.  Damn, your liberties are being taken away one by one.  What will you do.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We see that risk every single year with the flu. Also, up here we have West Nile Virus. But nobody is forced to use OFF!

There's a vaccine for the seasonal flu.  I'm guessing you have the statistics of the people that die from the flu that were and were not vaccinated.  So if you can post those that would be great.  We can evaluate them.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Life is going to suck for them when they have to sit and watch the Big 12, SEC and ACC play ball this season. However, they will have all the time in the world to recruit.

OSU coach – Hey, thought I'd drop by Saturday and visit with you. Would that be okay?

Recruit: "Nah man, don't come by then. I'll be chillin and watching the Texas game." lol

I hope the season starts and finishes but I am not expecting still at this point. As soon as several teams have outbreaks once the season starts that will be a wrap.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:27 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

99+% survival rate. Thats pretty damned close to 0.

If you knew for a fact that if you did a specific activity that after doing it you will be in bed for several days feeling like shit and sick as a dog would you still do that activity? 

I would not. I know that everyone likes to bring up death rates but for me WHO REALLY WANTS TO FEEL LIKE SHIT FOR A WEEK?  I had it and it was not fun... It was way worse than the flu. Yeah I survived but I damn sure do not want it again..

1 hour ago, Rotty22 said:

Or you could run around shooting your guns outside a police station, drive 100 mph down a residential street, shoot heroin with one hand while smoking crack with the other, drive without a seatbelt, smoke your cigarettes in a bar/restaurant/plane.  Damn, your liberties are being taken away one by one.  What will you do.

I will go watch a college football game for starters, unless the crybabies get their way.  Then that liberty will be taken away

38 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

If you knew for a fact that if you did a specific activity that after doing it you will be in bed for several days feeling like shit and sick as a dog would you still do that activity? 

I would not. I know that everyone likes to bring up death rates but for me WHO REALLY WANTS TO FEEL LIKE SHIT FOR A WEEK?  I had it and it was not fun... It was way worse than the flu. Yeah I survived but I damn sure do not want it again..

Can you guarantee somebody that they will get it at a football game with 25-50% attendance.  So far 1.5% of 330,000,000 have gotten this virus in 5 months.  That’s with masks, socially distancing, etc...  I’m willing to face those extremely  low odds.  If YOU are scared that’s fine, worry about you.  The rest of us willing to live life can take care of ourselves.  I’m not a sheep