Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

I’m glad for the resolution that the University came up with in response to the players request. The only gripe I have is Joe Jamail’s son this was needed all because of Trump. I don’t know why you can’t just say yes it would be fine to change the name of the field to two of our best players of all time instead of having to sling a little rhetoric. But I’m not surprised as that is the world we have come to live in now.   

32 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I’m glad for the resolution that the University came up with in response to the players request. The only gripe I have is Joe Jamail’s son this was needed all because of Trump. I don’t know why you can’t just say yes it would be fine to change the name of the field to two of our best players of all time instead of having to sling a little rhetoric. But I’m not surprised as that is the world we have come to live in now.   

And then the recruiting coordinator salutes him for it. LOL what a world 

ok....what I want to know is the time table of "what next". In a normal year we would be watching as the new recruits started showing up on campus and moving into the dorm. Seems like sometimes one or two wouldn't make it in. This year I don't even know if we will allow anyone to report. Will we? If so when, and when will we know if everyone made it in.

Don't y'all rip my thirsty lips from the fountain of knowledge!...I know y'all know!.....somebody start talking!!!

1 minute ago, TexCoyote said:

Yes I figured most wouldn’t stay around for the Eyes of Texas after the game. 

Seems Mitchell hasn’t been happy since he stepped foot on campus. Not sure what he was looking for or expecting but I don’t think this is it 

8 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

TDS is a very real disorder. 

7 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Juco pickup 🙄

Half your team will be on the field singing the Eyes. So you won't be with your team. You will be with some of your team.

If I were CTH, Mitchell would ride pine all season.

Its not the wish to not sing the Eyes. I don't care if he sings a rap song at the end of the game.

But to continue to go to the world and diss the school you play for would make me wonder about the player every time he missed a tackle. Was that intentional or not?

10 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Half your team will be on the field singing the Eyes. So you won't be with your team. You will be with some of your team.

If I were CTH, Mitchell would ride pine all season.

Its not the wish to not sing the Eyes. I don't care if he sings a rap song at the end of the game.

But to continue to go to the world and diss the school you play for would make me wonder about the player every time he missed a tackle. Was that intentional or not?

I agree. Here's another question. Does it create a divide among the players when some sing and others don't? Are they grown up enough to respect each others decisions? 

44 minutes ago, Baron said:

I agree. Here's another question. Does it create a divide among the players when some sing and others don't? Are they grown up enough to respect each others decisions? 

This. If you won't sing the The Eyes of Texas, can you still respect the decision of those who do? If you can't, you are a hypocrite. 

"The Eyes of Texas are upon you..."  Yes, they are, and when you run off the field and show disrespect for your school, what have you accomplished? The school song is only racist if you imagine it is. Racism is real and it's bad, but the school song is not a good example. Creating a problem when there is no problem is utter foolishness. Choose your battles wisely, young men, so you don't do damage to the very cause you're fighting for. 

On 7/14/2020 at 5:31 AM, TexCoyote said:

It shows that he's a smart guy.

"I was watching that sickening video of George Floyd getting murdered. I just wept," Jamail, 67, told Maisel. "I was just thinking, how did we fall so low, to have a leaderless country, to have a president who supports white supremacists. ...It's sickening. It's embarrassing that people try to justify 

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/14/joe-jamail-son-rename-texas-field-earl-campbell-ricky-williams

So from reading responses.. be got what they wanted most and that’s that The Eyes stays. But now it’s turned into how dare these student-athletes go back to the locker room instead of singing The Eyes. They are spitting on tradition, maybe they miss tackles on purpose because they don’t respect things you do. Oh and the song is only racist if you imagine it is. These guys can’t win. They are represent this school in a way that most on this board have never. Yet they are told they don’t respect the tradition of the school they bleed and sweat for because some will choose to go into the locker room instead of singing a song they do not agree with. There is no middle for you guys, no give or take. You disparage their stance for equality. Then you disparage them for taking what should be a win-win for you. The song stays and they get to exercise their rights and leave the field when the song is sung. No one is hurt by this. I guess except you guys who want to control what mostly minority kids do because you think it’s disrespectful to “tradition”. Well I’m part of this school and so are many that look like me and these players, we have a say in what’s right for the school we attended as well. So I’m fine with them leaving during the song. And my voice counts as much as y’alls so deal with it. If not, I guess go protest them doing it. That’s your right as well. 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it....

Voltaire

In the end we should agree with the idea anyway.  Voltaire said this after our Revolution, but the idea of it was a founding principle of our Country. I will never agree with the idea of "love it or leave it" and I am as conservative as they come.