Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

On 6/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

More snaps for Adimora, Watson

I think the 2 deep would look like

starters: Green & Jamison CB, J. Thompson NB

Backup: Watson at 1 CB spot, Boyce,/Caldwell/Crawford/J. Thompson at the other with Adimora at NB (I know Adimora has been getting good press, but same goes for Thompson)

I'm curious to see what they do with Brown, Sterns and Foster and only 2 spots.

Going a little deeper into the D, there is a part of me that kind of wishes Mitchell would leave the program.  The Jack position is taken care of by Ossai, Vaughns, and Dorbah and I would like to see Over shown and Owens a lot at LB this year.  The athleticism and speed on defense, specifically the back 7, would/will be crazy scary.  Ayodele, Gbenda, Tillman and Ford complete the 3 deep.  Sure Mitchell adds depth, but there is no way in hell he wouldn't complain if Overshown and Owens were seeing the bulk of the minutes (which needs to be done..they have to be on the field)  The Horns don't need that as a distraction, imo.

4 hours ago, texbound said:

I think the 2 deep would look like

starters: Green & Jamison CB, J. Thompson NB

Backup: Watson at 1 CB spot, Boyce,/Caldwell/Crawford/J. Thompson at the other with Adimora at NB (I know Adimora has been getting good press, but same goes for Thompson)

I'm curious to see what they do with Brown, Sterns and Foster and only 2 spots.

Going a little deeper into the D, there is a part of me that kind of wishes Mitchell would leave the program.  The Jack position is taken care of by Ossai, Vaughns, and Dorbah and I would like to see Over shown and Owens a lot at LB this year.  The athleticism and speed on defense, specifically the back 7, would/will be crazy scary.  Ayodele, Gbenda, Tillman and Ford complete the 3 deep.  Sure Mitchell adds depth, but there is no way in hell he wouldn't complain if Overshown and Owens were seeing the bulk of the minutes (which needs to be done..they have to be on the field)  The Horns don't need that as a distraction, imo.

Adimora will technically be playing a lb position, albeit hyrbrid. Foster will likely be his backup. Foster will float a few different positions with the aim being to keep him on the field as much as possible.

I think Overshown will have an easier time adjusting to the LB spot than Owens. And Owens could be used in both S and LB positions. I think that would be smart.

I don't want to lose Mitchell unless he's going to be a cancer in the locker room. Otherwise, he's a good player and is our best option in the middle. Still not sold on Ayodele yet.

Ash's goal is to have the fastest defense in the conference. If he's making changes, its to achieve that.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Adimora will technically be playing a lb position, albeit hyrbrid. Foster will likely be his backup. Foster will float a few different positions with the aim being to keep him on the field as much as possible.

I think Overshown will have an easier time adjusting to the LB spot than Owens. And Owens could be used in both S and LB positions. I think that would be smart.

I don't want to lose Mitchell unless he's going to be a cancer in the locker room. Otherwise, he's a good player and is our best option in the middle. Still not sold on Ayodele yet.

Ash's goal is to have the fastest defense in the conference. If he's making changes, its to achieve that.

I have seen reports that Ash is really enamored with Josh Thompson and i think he will be in the mix.  However, Green and Jamison are too talented to keep off the field as well.  Man, what a glorious problem to have....lots of talented players so few spots.

Regarding Mitchell, i think he is talented, but he had already shown potential problems, report of getting into an altercation with someone (I think it was Yancy) and trying to transfer.  He just strikes me as someone that will complain if someone earns a position over him or is getting more PT.  I could be way wrong on this one.  Plus, I just like Ayodele and Gbenda.

They should go get Marcel Brooks from LSU now that he entered the transfer portal.  Although i do kind of remember the Horns not really being that into him....and I do remember reports of there being potential character issues...so maybe not a take.

48 minutes ago, texbound said:

They should go get Marcel Brooks from LSU now that he entered the transfer portal.  Although i do kind of remember the Horns not really being that into him....and I do remember reports of there being potential character issues...so maybe not a take.

We don't want Marcel Brooks. @CoachEmUp64 amiright?

On 6/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

RapidWealthyBoutu-size_restricted.gif

I was there as well.  Was pissed nearing halftime and went to the alumni center for beer.  Heard a large cheer as I left the stadium as we scored right before halftime.  Second half was a complete ass kicking by Texas and the world was a better place.

4 hours ago, utb040713 said:

I didn't really follow his recruitment, but I'm seeing that he was possibly kicked off of his HS team. Is he another Zach Evans?

Zach Evans doesn't have near the issues.

I would look at TCU as his probable destination. Patterson is becoming more and more like Stoops in that regard. And its close to home, the same reason this will not end well.

23 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

I was there as well.  Was pissed nearing halftime and went to the alumni center for beer.  Heard a large cheer as I left the stadium as we scored right before halftime.  Second half was a complete ass kicking by Texas and the world was a better place.

Ditto. Had me some much needed beers at the alumni center at halftime.