Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

On 6/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

More snaps for Adimora, Watson

I think the 2 deep would look like

starters: Green & Jamison CB, J. Thompson NB

Backup: Watson at 1 CB spot, Boyce,/Caldwell/Crawford/J. Thompson at the other with Adimora at NB (I know Adimora has been getting good press, but same goes for Thompson)

I'm curious to see what they do with Brown, Sterns and Foster and only 2 spots.

Going a little deeper into the D, there is a part of me that kind of wishes Mitchell would leave the program.  The Jack position is taken care of by Ossai, Vaughns, and Dorbah and I would like to see Over shown and Owens a lot at LB this year.  The athleticism and speed on defense, specifically the back 7, would/will be crazy scary.  Ayodele, Gbenda, Tillman and Ford complete the 3 deep.  Sure Mitchell adds depth, but there is no way in hell he wouldn't complain if Overshown and Owens were seeing the bulk of the minutes (which needs to be done..they have to be on the field)  The Horns don't need that as a distraction, imo.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, texbound said:

I think the 2 deep would look like

starters: Green & Jamison CB, J. Thompson NB

Backup: Watson at 1 CB spot, Boyce,/Caldwell/Crawford/J. Thompson at the other with Adimora at NB (I know Adimora has been getting good press, but same goes for Thompson)

I'm curious to see what they do with Brown, Sterns and Foster and only 2 spots.

Going a little deeper into the D, there is a part of me that kind of wishes Mitchell would leave the program.  The Jack position is taken care of by Ossai, Vaughns, and Dorbah and I would like to see Over shown and Owens a lot at LB this year.  The athleticism and speed on defense, specifically the back 7, would/will be crazy scary.  Ayodele, Gbenda, Tillman and Ford complete the 3 deep.  Sure Mitchell adds depth, but there is no way in hell he wouldn't complain if Overshown and Owens were seeing the bulk of the minutes (which needs to be done..they have to be on the field)  The Horns don't need that as a distraction, imo.

 

Adimora will technically be playing a lb position, albeit hyrbrid. Foster will likely be his backup. Foster will float a few different positions with the aim being to keep him on the field as much as possible.

I think Overshown will have an easier time adjusting to the LB spot than Owens. And Owens could be used in both S and LB positions. I think that would be smart.

I don't want to lose Mitchell unless he's going to be a cancer in the locker room. Otherwise, he's a good player and is our best option in the middle. Still not sold on Ayodele yet.

Ash's goal is to have the fastest defense in the conference. If he's making changes, its to achieve that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Adimora will technically be playing a lb position, albeit hyrbrid. Foster will likely be his backup. Foster will float a few different positions with the aim being to keep him on the field as much as possible.

I think Overshown will have an easier time adjusting to the LB spot than Owens. And Owens could be used in both S and LB positions. I think that would be smart.

I don't want to lose Mitchell unless he's going to be a cancer in the locker room. Otherwise, he's a good player and is our best option in the middle. Still not sold on Ayodele yet.

Ash's goal is to have the fastest defense in the conference. If he's making changes, its to achieve that.

I have seen reports that Ash is really enamored with Josh Thompson and i think he will be in the mix.  However, Green and Jamison are too talented to keep off the field as well.  Man, what a glorious problem to have....lots of talented players so few spots.

Regarding Mitchell, i think he is talented, but he had already shown potential problems, report of getting into an altercation with someone (I think it was Yancy) and trying to transfer.  He just strikes me as someone that will complain if someone earns a position over him or is getting more PT.  I could be way wrong on this one.  Plus, I just like Ayodele and Gbenda.

They should go get Marcel Brooks from LSU now that he entered the transfer portal.  Although i do kind of remember the Horns not really being that into him....and I do remember reports of there being potential character issues...so maybe not a take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, texbound said:

They should go get Marcel Brooks from LSU now that he entered the transfer portal.  Although i do kind of remember the Horns not really being that into him....and I do remember reports of there being potential character issues...so maybe not a take.

We don't want Marcel Brooks. @CoachEmUp64 amiright?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, utb040713 said:

I didn't really follow his recruitment, but I'm seeing that he was possibly kicked off of his HS team. Is he another Zach Evans?

Zach Evans doesn't have near the issues.

I would look at TCU as his probable destination. Patterson is becoming more and more like Stoops in that regard. And its close to home, the same reason this will not end well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

I was there as well.  Was pissed nearing halftime and went to the alumni center for beer.  Heard a large cheer as I left the stadium as we scored right before halftime.  Second half was a complete ass kicking by Texas and the world was a better place.

Ditto. Had me some much needed beers at the alumni center at halftime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...