Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Thanks to all for discussing about OAN. I found I do have that network on Uverse and checked it out.

They had some hour long news story about whether hydroxychloroquine was effective or not. Pretty informative. Dr. Lozano in Garland, TX was very persuasive and positive about the drug's outcomes even though she had a difficult time getting pharmacies to fill prescriptions for a while.

It definitely doesn't have the production budget of the larger networks, but I'll check it out from time to time.

Hook'em!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

Oklahoma State player demands a change in policy - 1) Earrings 2)Du-Rag/Wave-Cap 3)Ability to Sag pants 4) Hair 5) Music - Music previoisly could not contain curse words, derogatory language toward women/race - These were damands, all agreed to by Gundy #NoSarcasm

8 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Oklahoma State player demands a change in policy - 1) Earrings 2)Du-Rag/Wave-Cap 3)Ability to Sag pants 4) Hair 5) Music - Music previoisly could not contain curse words, derogatory language toward women/race - These were damands, all agreed to by Gundy #NoSarcasm

This i saw. I’m not saying it’s true or false. 

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

Fields and Lawrence in tier 1. Sam is in tier 2

Ranking the 2020 college football quarterbacks in tiers: From Heisman contenders to up-and-comers

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ranking-the-2020-college-football-quarterbacks-in-tiers-from-heisman-contenders-to-up-and-comers/

But Sam can come out of nowhere like Burrow did. The same conditions are in play. Not saying it will happen but wouldn't it be great?

Spencer Rattler will put up better numbers this season than Sam Ehlinger.

Farrell’s take: FICTION. 

is a former five-star and will be the next man up in the Oklahoma offense, so big things are expected. But can he put up bigger numbers than Texas quarterback  ? I don’t think so.

Last season, Ehlinger passed for 3,663 yards and ran for another 663 while accounting for 39 touchdowns. If you factor in a year of development for Ehlinger, you have to expect even bigger things and those are very lofty numbers for Rattler to match. An experienced 

destroyed those numbers with more than 3,800 yards passing and more than 1,200 yards rushing and 52 touchdowns, but to expect that kind of performance from a first-year starter is a bit much. I have Ehlinger putting up better numbers, but not by much.

Gorney’s take: FACT. This is not a rip on Ehlinger because I believe he’s one of the best quarterbacks in college football, but Oklahoma’s offense is just more conducive to chunk plays and quickly scoring points, so I’m going to give the slight edge to Rattler.

My guess is that Texas limits designed runs for Ehlinger to keep him upright and Rattler is going to be very comfortable running the Sooners’ offense. Texas has some really talented receivers, but not as many game-breakers as Oklahoma, which has a lot of former five-star receivers who could have breakout seasons. Ehlinger is great, but the Sooners have been unstoppable on offense and Rattler should be great.

https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-spencer-rattler-will-top-sam-ehlinger-s-numbers?ga_source=cm

47 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Shit! It's going to be tough to play a full season.

6 Players on Texas Football Team Reportedly Test Positive for COVID-19

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2896545-6-players-on-texas-football-team-reportedly-test-positive-for-covid-19

I agree with you PD.  In the back of my mind I knew this day would come, but instead I told myself the season could still happen.  Without a vaccine in place this is going to be rough.  I just don't see how it's going to work.  I've already given up on trying to fly back to the mainland to see my kids until early-to-mid 2021.  Why would I think CFB would happen?

10 minutes ago, texbound said:

I agree with you PD.  In the back of my mind I knew this day would come, but instead I told myself the season could still happen.  Without a vaccine in place this is going to be rough.  I just don't see how it's going to work.  I've already given up on trying to fly back to the mainland to see my kids until early-to-mid 2021.  Why would I think CFB would happen?

The only way to do this is to test the players every day before they are around other players. That way only the player that has it is out and the other players don't have to quarantine.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

The only way to do this is to test the players every day before they are around other players. That way only the player that has it is out and the other players don't have to quarantine.

Man can you imagine if someone like Ehlinger tests positive the week before OU or LSU? People would go crazy. Or if Trevor Lawrence tests positive and they lose to a team like Louisville. Could that cost a team the playoffs?

So many questions are still out there with all of this.

7 hours ago, TB14 said:

Man can you imagine if someone like Ehlinger tests positive the week before OU or LSU? People would go crazy. Or if Trevor Lawrence tests positive and they lose to a team like Louisville. Could that cost a team the playoffs?

So many questions are still out there with all of this.

No different than if they caught the flu. Except maybe two games instead of one.

However, all schools are playing the same risk, so its fair. 

I don't mind it. Kind of like one of those factors football has that can sometimes make a difference . . . like the weather.