Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

i didn't know that Tarik Black is future star.

SIX COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS WITH CHAMPIONSHIP-CALIBER ROSTERS THAT CAN RETURN THEM TO GREATNESS

Texas

Blue-chip ratio: 64%
Game-changers: QB Sam Ehlinger, EDGE Ta'quon Graham
Future stars: WR Tarik Black, QB Hudson Card

Why they can win it all: Even though Texas hasn't won a Big 12 title -- let alone a national title -- since 2009, it still has all the resources to do so. Texas is a massive recruiting battleground state with no shortage of competition, but the Longhorns' blue-chip ratio remains one of the better ones among college football's elite programs. This season, they have a talented team with a few game-changers in key spots, including a veteran quarterback (Ehlinger) who puts up big-time numbers.

What's holding them back: Underachieving has been Texas' biggest problem. This has been true in both on-field production -- the 2012 class, ranked No. 2 nationally, notoriously flamed out -- and in the draft. One of the most glaring examples was a stretch from 2009-17 when the 'Horns didn't have a single offensive lineman drafted. And the program was shut out entirely of the 2014 NFL Draft. But a more recent example came from the 2020 draft when none of the seven Texas-based players taken in the first round came from Texas or Texas A&M. The point being, Texas hasn't had a major issue getting blue-chip players. Rather, it's been turning them into title-caliber winners. Entering Year 4, coach Tom Herman has to start changing that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/six-college-football-teams-with-championship-caliber-rosters-that-can-return-them-to-greatness/

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Two questions

Is  4.27 in forty world class speed?

Which is best number of wins or a conference ship?

Both relate to Horns.

1. Based on what I've read, Usain Bolt's 40 would equate to roughly a 4.2 forty time and a rough equivalent to most world class sprinters is a 4.3 forty. The big difference I would think is the sustained speed of WC sprinters. 

2. IMO, the ship has more value. Especially in a conference other than the sec. A 2018 ship would likely have changed the entire narrative of the team, staff, and program for the better. Of course, we may still have some of the same staff as then so there are good and bad parts.lol

Just one man's opinion.

49 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

1. Based on what I've read, Usain Bolt's 40 would equate to roughly a 4.2 forty time and a rough equivalent to most world class sprinters is a 4.3 forty. The big difference I would think is the sustained speed of WC sprinters. 

2. IMO, the ship has more value. Especially in a conference other than the sec. A 2018 ship would likely have changed the entire narrative of the team, staff, and program for the better. Of course, we may still have some of the same staff as then so there are good and bad parts.lol

Just one man's opinion.

Agree 100% with both answers.

Was just wondering if fans would be happy with a 10 win season like Mack or want  champlon ships like DKR.Been a long time since Horns won a ship.

If 4.27 is world class speed then three WC runners was born with a three mile radius of my house.

Two went to TCU and one to Texas.

39 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Was just wondering if fans would be happy with a 10 win season like Mack or want  champlon ships like DKR.Been a long time since Horns won a ship.

If 4.27 is world class speed then three WC runners was born with a three mile radius of my house.

Definitely something in the water close to your house with that much speed around.lol

4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Phillip Epps says hi