Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Oh snap! That leaves out the aggies, unless 80 years is in the modern era.

NO MOVEMENT IN TEXAS-TEXAS A&M SERIES RESUMING

"We promptly went out and scheduled Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State and Michigan, and we have one more that we'll be announcing shortly on the back end of this contract," Del Conte said, noting that the Longhorns also are in the middle of a two-game series with LSU. "My goal is to play anyone that's won a national championship in the modern era as part of our nonconference schedule.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29138809/no-movement-texas-texas-series-resuming

2020 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP ODDS: STAY AWAY FROM TEXAS AND GO WITH SAFE BET OKLAHOMA

Worst Wager -- Texas (+140): Remember, this is not the same as saying Texas will be a bad team. Wagering is a whole different animal. In fact, there aren't too many terrible bets you could place in this field. For example: If you're the kind of bettor who puts $100 on Kansas, there's a non-zero chance you're going to be get lucky. And for that, I can't hate; I can only tip my cap and wish you Godspeed. 

But at +140, the value isn't there for Texas. The Longhorns haven't been a constant title contender as of late like the Sooners. You have about a 41.7% chance of having a positive expected value for this play. And if I'm going to get plus money on a favorite, the difference in payout isn't enough to pull the trigger on Texas instead

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2020-big-12-championship-odds-picks-stay-away-from-texas-and-go-with-safe-bet-oklahoma/

STAFF PICKS: WHO WILL BE THE MOST PRODUCTIVE QB IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN 2020?

Chip Patterson: Sam Ehlinger, Texas

The question is for "most productive" not "best" or "most popular," though I'd feel comfortable with my selection if we were only polling in the state of Texas. Ehlinger is the nation's leader among returning players for total offense, ranking No. 4 in the country a year ago with 332.8 yards per game. Ehlinger might be dealing with a change at offensive coordinator, but when the stage is the biggest, Tom Herman reflects shades of that Urban Meyer coaching tree with the commitment to putting the game in the hands of the quarterback. The four-year starter is going to carry a heavy load in the Texas offense, and that's going to help power another year of ranking in the top-five nationally in total offense. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/staff-picks-who-will-be-the-most-productive-college-football-quarterback-in-2020/