Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

4 hours ago, Baron said:

Before the Utah game I thought that his Longhorn career had been a bit underwhelming. But what do I know?

Agree, it has been. He's had a moment here and there but mostly non-factor. That said, he's experienced yet still developing. So we'll see if he gets to stick with that status or if someone beats him out.

We don't have anything else to talk about....What about Ellinger's rib injury? He wasn't the same after the LSU game and I guess this is why. I heard that he re aggravated this injury during workouts.  Will he ever be able to return to what he once was?  Will he be ready for the season? Is this something that can be repaired and thus no longer an issue?

I ,frankly, have real doubts the season will go forth this year, but in the event it does, will Sam be ready?

8 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

We don't have anything else to talk about....What about Ellinger's rib injury? He wasn't the same after the LSU game and I guess this is why. I heard that he re aggravated this injury during workouts.  Will he ever be able to return to what he once was?  Will he be ready for the season? Is this something that can be repaired and thus no longer an issue?

I ,frankly, have real doubts the season will go forth this year, but in the event it does, will Sam be ready?

If Ehlinger has to repair something surgically, now would be the time to do it. Any closer to the season would not be a good thing.

16 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Looks like the basketball program has lost Yaklich to Univ. of Illinois–Chicago (head coach).

Bummer.

Our defense was consistently top 25 before Yaklich arrived and improved about 2 spots this past year.  Basically I'm just saying defense has been our one consistently decent area for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

This is unfortunate, I really hate to see it happen. Denzel is and has been an OG playing out of position due to need. I'm betting he's seen the writing on the wall this year at tackle, though it is a starting spot. He probably just wants to play one year at his natural position.

5 minutes ago, lshorn79 said:

Told yall. It's all about money.

Be that said, he better have a better year in 2020-21 or it may be his last in Austin.

9 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Told yall. It's all about money.

Be that said, he better have a better year in 2020-21 or it may be his last in Austin.

I understand why he will remain. The corona virus has put a question mark on all of our lives.