Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

There should definitely be enough carries, just hasn't seemed like we have effectively used multiple backs for some time now. Maybe living too close to Missouri but I'd like Texas to show me more than just hype again.  

15 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

There should definitely be enough carries, just hasn't seemed like we have effectively used multiple backs for some time now. Maybe living too close to Missouri but I'd like Texas to show me more than just hype again.  

I thought they did pretty well mixing Ingram and Johnson last year. At one point, Ingram was either dinged or not feeling well. Johnson stepped up and had a 100 yd game.

21 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I thought they did pretty well mixing Ingram and Johnson last year. At one point, Ingram was either dinged or not feeling well. Johnson stepped up and had a 100 yd game.

Exactly.  We've already shown it and did so quite well last year and with RJ learning on the job and picking up the position very quickly and effectively.  I've posted here before, but RJ won't be going back to QB and that's great for him as his future pay days will be at RB.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, primal defense said:

I wish that was the case. Kate being bad would be a good thing. It looks like she's fighting trolls. Probably aggies.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kate-beckinsale-clapped-tf-back-203200456.html

Don't start none, won't be none. lol

21 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Both coordinators sound very intelligent. If they can coach as well as they speak then we are in for a great year. 

Have they mastered the double bird and securing the backpack yet?😁

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Both coordinators sound very intelligent. If they can coach as well as they speak then we are in for a great year. 

I liked that Yurcich talked about calling plays that match the players strengths and trying to get mis-matches. 

Seems like in the past it was needing to call based on a system and take what was given. 

44 minutes ago, BigL said:

I liked that Yurcich talked about calling plays that match the players strengths and trying to get mis-matches. 

Seems like in the past it was needing to call based on a system and take what was given. 

Yurcich sounded much different than Beck. More sure of himself and how they would coach the players.

I had to turn down the volume on Ash's interview. I'm thinking the defensive players are in for an awakening.

2 hours ago, UTfish said:

I saw that Joshua Moore is currently listed as a starting receiver on offense. Has all been forgiven on the weapons charge? 

There is some expectation that Moore's charges will be reduced to misdemeanors, which would allow him to come back (with CTH's blessing, of course). DA gave Moore some items to perform in a deal, so he'll need to wrap that up before joining the Horns again.