Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Anwar Richardson says that Jordan Whittington has been cleared for Winter Conditioning which starts next week. Great news!

If we add a 2nd RB to this class, I wonder if we move him to the slot to compete with Jake Smith. With 2 RBs, that room may look quite full even if Roschon moves back to QB.

Good make us earn it.

The ugly: Texas is back

I fell for it, and I'm sorry. I picked Texas to go 10-2, win the Big 12 championship and contend for the College Football Playoff. Instead, the Longhorns went 7-5 in the regular season and lose to a 5-7 TCU team. Sure, the Alamo Bowl win over Utah was nice, but all it did was put lipstick on a pig. I promise you that I won't pick Texas to do anything of significance until it proves that it's worthy.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-end-of-year-accountability-the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-2019-predictions/

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

No surprises here. They will be Longhorns for life. Think if Wilson goes to the right school, he could have a big year and make an NFL roster. Christmas-Giles never played enough for me to judge.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:54 PM, TFloss32 said:

He decided the transfer market wasn't favoring him outside of aggy, and we suddenly looked okay again to him after the bowl win. He begged to come back. Texas wouldn't consider it, especially after the big ass bridge he burned.

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He decided the transfer market wasn't favoring him outside of aggy, and we suddenly looked okay again to him after the bowl win. He begged to come back. Texas wouldn't consider it, especially after the big ass bridge he burned.

At least he started the pre-game scrum with OU that got personal fouls on both teams

BOWL GAME OVERRACTIONS 

Nobody owns an offseason like Texas, and December set the stage for a glorious 2020 for the Longhorns -- at least until games start getting played again. Start with a dominant win over Utah in the Valero Alamo Bowl, just the type of upset victory that gets pundits lathered up for a good offseason narrative. Then quarterback Sam Ehlinger announced a return for 2020. Then rival Oklahoma was utterly embarrassed in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

All the pieces were in place. The Big 12 belonged to Texas in 2020, right? Well, small problems: Texas finished 97th in pass defense, couldn't run the ball consistently and lost at least four games for the 10th straight year. Number of four-loss seasons for Oklahoma in that stretch? One.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28484221/bowl-game-overreactions-thoughts-clemson-texas-michigan-alabama-more