Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

RANKING THE MOST DOMINANT TEAMS SINCE 2000

2. 2005 Texas Longhorns

Texas' run to the 2005 national championship ended with what was unquestionably one of the greatest plays in college football history. Vince Young's fourth-down scramble shattered USC's title dreams in the Longhorns' thrilling 41-38 victory in the Rose Bowl.

Most impressively, the remainder of the season was thin on drama.

Only fourth-ranked Ohio State stayed within 10 points of Texas, which averaged a nation-best 50.2 points. Young won basically everything but a Heisman while becoming the first college quarterback to throw for 3,000 yards and run for 1,000.

Factor in a defense that allowed just 16.4 points per game and the Longhorns controlled the game on both sides of the ball.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

RANKING THE MOST DOMINANT TEAMS SINCE 2000

2. 2005 Texas Longhorns

Texas' run to the 2005 national championship ended with what was unquestionably one of the greatest plays in college football history. Vince Young's fourth-down scramble shattered USC's title dreams in the Longhorns' thrilling 41-38 victory in the Rose Bowl.

Most impressively, the remainder of the season was thin on drama.

Only fourth-ranked Ohio State stayed within 10 points of Texas, which averaged a nation-best 50.2 points. Young won basically everything but a Heisman while becoming the first college quarterback to throw for 3,000 yards and run for 1,000.

Factor in a defense that allowed just 16.4 points per game and the Longhorns controlled the game on both sides of the ball.

USC was "The Greatest Team Ever!" yet Texas isn't after beat them? 

scenes GIF

22 minutes ago, primal defense said:

After watching all the NFL playoffs so far, I want Texas to have an offense that can run the ball like the Tennessee Titans can. That way they can run the ball with Derick Henry is my ideal.

Maybe we can sign Henry to a FA deal😀

22 minutes ago, primal defense said:

After watching all the NFL playoffs so far, I want Texas to have an offense that can run the ball like the Tennessee Titans can. That way they can run the ball with Derick Henry is my ideal.

Need the offensive line to be solid and consistent with Bijan and Ingram carrying the ball next season.  I would like to see the power I with a FB at times.  Missing the FB Brown blocking for Ricky back in the day....good times.

17 hours ago, primal defense said:

I’d take Mahomes and Kelce instead. That was something else!