Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

48 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Huge news for our 2020 prospectus!

i do think he made the right call. Was a little inconsistent this year and can easily improve that. Plus if he does have an injury for some reason then he could still return for a fifth year since he redshirted.

Now only need to replace 2 OL. Have to think Okafor gets a spot and maybe a grad transfer or someone takes the next step!

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Great to see him back next year. Thought he struggled with holding penalties at times this season. Another year should improve his skill and stock. Would think that an OL of Cosmi, Moore/Jones, Kerstetter, Angilau, and Okafor in some order would be solid. Allow most of the new guys to red shirt and build strength. Maybe add a grad transfer to man the other OT and slide Okafor inside.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

Next year's OL should look like:

Sam Cosmi – Junior Angilau – Derek Kerstetter – Denzel Okafor – Christian Jones

Apparently Moore lost a lot of weight when he got injured.  May be tough to bulk him up enough.

18 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Apparently Moore lost a lot of weight when he got injured.  May be tough to bulk him up enough.

Don't understand this. When I would get hurt, I'd add weight because of the lack of playing yet still eating like it's 1999.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Don't understand this. When I would get hurt, I'd add weight because of the lack of playing yet still eating like it's 1999.

Was he one of those TE type guys we hope to convert to a tackle?

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Harder to work out and keep muscle mass when on your back and immobile.  I'd normally agree that getting hurt and becoming less active would definitely cause me to buy a new scale, but somehow he's just having difficulty gaining weight and working out etc. along with whatever gazillion calorie protein type diet he was on didn't keep the weight on while he was injured.

41 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Was he one of those TE type guys we hope to convert to a tackle?

He's 6'4" to 6'5" and came in around 250-260, but also played a lot of basketball.  The kid may just burn calories even when he sleeps for all I know.  He's apparently just a very challenged weight gainer.  On the other hand, I'm very accomplished at gaining weight....even when I sleep.

9 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

He's 6'4" to 6'5" and came in around 250-260, but also played a lot of basketball.  The kid may just burn calories even when he sleeps for all I know.  He's apparently just a very challenged weight gainer.  On the other hand, I'm very accomplished at gaining weight....even when I sleep.

Sounds like a good candidate for an inline TE. Not every TE has to have glove hands and be able to run routes. Let him kick some SS & LB ass.

That's a shame about Moore. Seems like I remember him being one of the guys Herman mentioned as having a really good spring and fall camp. Maybe when he is healthy, he can gain it back fairly quickly and provide solid depth. 

Jones is a kid I'm excited to see throughout the spring. He has all the tools to be a dominate tackle. Would be a really good thing to be able to have 8-10 solid OL guys for the first time in seemingly forever.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Shhh! Don't ever say that again! lol

To me somebody like VY or Colt could make a video like this.  His record as a starter year to year is 2-4, 8-4 (Shane started a game), and 8-5 for a total of 18-13. no Video is necessary.  Just go to work.  

sometimes it’s best to be quiet 

44 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

To me somebody like VY or Colt could make a video like this.  His record as a starter year to year is 2-4, 8-4 (Shane started a game), and 8-5 for a total of 18-13. no Video is necessary.  Just go to work.  

sometimes it’s best to be quiet 

Nobody needs to make a video...everybody needs an audience these days.  On that note, we don’t need photos posted on social media or texted to us on what you are having for dinner.  I had dinner as well, it’s what people do.  Get off my lawn!!!

10 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

Nobody needs to make a video...everybody needs an audience these days.  On that note, we don’t need photos posted on social media or texted to us on what you are having for dinner.  I had dinner as well, it’s what people do.  Get off my lawn!!!

Amen!!!!  Social media is good for some things, but not many.