Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

17 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

Not Longhorn news but Jason Garret no longer with Cowboys. Per ESPN

I don't think anyone is surprised. To me what is amusing is the timing of this news. The timing wasn't to due diligence or "abundance of care and respect." This is a Jerry Jones marketing ploy. If he made the decision like other NFL teams his team would be buried with other team's announcements. The decision couldn't be made on Tuesday or Wednesday because that story would get buried and shared with college bowl games. Can't release the news on Saturday or Sunday because there are NFL playoffs. So Thursday's meeting was canceled and "sources" (how convenient) release the news this afternoon. Lets see how many times JJ is interviewed and on major networks talking about his new vision for the Cowboys.  I wonder if Vegas has an O/U on number of JJ interviews for Friday and Saturday morning.

33 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB said today Kobe Boyce will be tried at slot and WR while A'Vonte Woodard will be looked at CB. May not amount to much. We'll see.

Did Boyce even see the field Tuesday night?

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB said today Kobe Boyce will be tried at slot and WR while A'Vonte Woodard will be looked at CB. May not amount to much. We'll see.

I thought Woodward was the next greatest thing at WR?  How about Dicker at TE if we are making random moves here?😀

1 minute ago, MikeV73 said:

I keep confusing him with Estelle during games.   Estelle played I believe, not sure if Boyce was out there in ST or for the D?

I did notice that Green and Cook started and Jamison rotated in. I don't remember seeing Boyce on D.

20 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

I thought Woodward was the next greatest thing at WR?  How about Dicker at TE if we are making random moves here?😀

He's going into his third year, and his appearances have been few. I saw him with a catch during the Alamo Bowl, but thats about it.

At 6'1, 200, he does have ideal size for a CB.

1 hour ago, MikeV73 said:

How about Adimora in the bowl game?  That dude showed up.  Is he still able to RS?

I thought he played on special teams.

35 minutes ago, Baron said:

I thought he played on special teams.

Should have put an exclamation point after the first sentence above.  He played great on D in coverage and had a great 3rd down tackle short of the line to make.  Of course you are probably responding to my RS question on second read!  Thanks!