Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Here's a chart of our defense personnel which shows how young we are. This was actually produced by a Baylor mod in advance of our game.

We'll only lose two players from this defense to graduation for next year.. Ignore the weight/height scores, thats for draft ability totals.

EJ7h6m_WkAAM5LN.thumb.png.9141a579ce3362d1723884a0265967b7.png

This chart may be meaningless after the offseason. Trey & BK with The Midday show on The Horn, hinted that the list of players possibly looking to transfer is staggering. Apparently Herman's hard-ass approach is wearing thin. Like I said in another thread, constantly being criticized, even when doing something positive will fracture a team. Believe me, I know, I played on a team like that in high school.

2 hours ago, Baron said:

This chart may be meaningless after the offseason. Trey & BK with The Midday show on The Horn, hinted that the list of players possibly looking to transfer is staggering. Apparently Herman's hard-ass approach is wearing thin. Like I said in another thread, constantly being criticized, even when doing something positive will fracture a team. Believe me, I know, I played on a team like that in high school.

I wouldn't doubt it................Herman has got to go.

2 hours ago, Baron said:

Take this stuff with a grain of salt. I"m sure these guys, Trey & BK, wouldn't say stuff just to get ratings or anything like that. This where you should insert the "eye roll" emoji.  

23 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

No, barring a total collapse of the program, Tom ain't going anywhere. And shouldn't. 

The scary thing is that the total collapse could be in the works. The guys I listen to on the flagship station of Longhorn sports are reporting that several paywall sites are saying that an exodus of players could happen. Now I would be willing to bet that there is some exaggeration from the pay sites, it's their M.O., but if they are even half right it's a back-breaker for Texas.

I'm not for firing Herman, but things sound and look like they are spiraling out of control.

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

The scary thing is that the total collapse could be in the works. The guys I listen to on the flagship station of Longhorn sports are reporting that several paywall sites are saying that an exodus of players could happen. Now I would be willing to bet that there is some exaggeration from the pay sites, it's their M.O., but if they are even half right it's a back-breaker for Texas.

I'm not for firing Herman, but things sound and look like they are spiraling out of control.

Several paywall sites are saying an exodus of players could happen. Notice they said "could". And don't discount that the guys on the flagship station might be exaggerating things just a wee bit. It's probably their M.O. as well. 

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Several paywall sites are saying an exodus of players could happen. Notice they said "could". And don't discount that the guys on the flagship station might be exaggerating things just a wee bit. It's probably their M.O. as well. 

It is. But there is still the consensus of opinion coming from the pay sites.

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Which pay sites? I'm on OB and it's not there.

Brainiacs addressed this a few days ago. A couple of situations that they think will work themselves out. One or two may be serious. 

I think we'll have some attrition at the end of the season, but nothing more than usual IMO.

Just now, North Texas Golfer said:

Which pay sites? I'm on OB and it's not there.

Sorry,  I should have said per BK and Trey. But they cited Inside Texas, Brainiacs and 247

On 11/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Here's a chart of our defense personnel which shows how young we are. This was actually produced by a Baylor mod in advance of our game.

We'll only lose two players from this defense to graduation for next year.. Ignore the weight/height scores, thats for draft ability totals.

EJ7h6m_WkAAM5LN.thumb.png.9141a579ce3362d1723884a0265967b7.png

Jones and Roach have been extremely inconsistent all year.  I once thought both could be drafted  fairly high, but I’d be willing to bet neither get drafted at all.  Watch the first two scoring plays for Kansas state against Texas.  Jones flat missed an open field tackle and then gave up a score on a pass.  He’s a hustling guy that gives you lots of effort, he just doesn’t make the plays consistently.  Roach is awful in pass rush but solid against the run.  Losing those shouldn’t hurt badly.  The problem is the other 9 return and will prolly still be in the same system next year.  I doubt Orlando is letgo

On 11/21/2019 at 8:52 PM, North Texas Golfer said:

No, barring a total collapse of the program, Tom ain't going anywhere. And shouldn't. 

Lol 

say we keep him the 15-20 players transfer.  Then let him go?  What about when this class falls apart.  You can’t keep selling a rebuild every year.  At some point you have to show you are making progress.  Barely beating teams you should blow out, losing to teams you shouldn’t, coaching blunders every week, etc...  aren’t exactly showing progress. In fact it shows regress.  Keep Herman.  By all means.  If you like 7-5 to 8-4 

On 11/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, Baron said:

Transfers, decommits, spirals be damned....  look at the product on the field.  That’s what the sob is getting paid for.