Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Is Texas basketball doing any recruiting? I never hardly hear anything about guys considering us? I’m sure Shaka is but I just don’t hear much or maybe he is after guys that are just going to decide late. Anybody tracking anything on basketball recruiting?

50 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Is Texas basketball doing any recruiting? I never hardly hear anything about guys considering us? I’m sure Shaka is but I just don’t hear much or maybe he is after guys that are just going to decide late. Anybody tracking anything on basketball recruiting?

Unless we have some unexpected declarations for the NBA, this should be a smaller class. The biggest recruit that Shaka is locked in on is Greg Brown. He's our primary focus. Here's the most recent write-up from @Bitterwhiteguy about Brown:

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2019/10/28/20896337/the-least-substantive-texas-basketball-recruiting-article-ever-2019-why-are-you-even-here

THE TOP 10 JOBS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL

The argument about the attractiveness of the Florida State job started, as many do, on social media. While many felt Florida State is still a top-10 job in college football, there were a surprising amount of people who felt that it is not nearly as attractive as it once was.

Here are the top-10 jobs in college football, based on their facilities, recruiting footprint, program tradition, recent success, fan support, location and ability to contend for a national championship.

1. Alabama  Nick Saban has made this the most coveted job in college football.

2. USC – The recruiting footprint is golden and the tradition and recent winning (Pete Carroll) overcomes the lack fan support.

3. Texas – The Longhorns have a great recruiting state, they’ve won it all in recent memory and the tradition is deep.

4. Ohio State – The Buckeyes own Ohio and are the only northern program to win a national title in recent years. Tradition and facilities are strong as well.

5. LSU – LSU this high? They have the best recruiting advantage of any team in the country, they’ve won national titles recently and the fan base and facilities are excellent.

6. Georgia – The state of Georgia is loaded with talent and the only thing keeping them down this list is the lack of a national title in recent years.

7. Oklahoma – Oklahoma doesn’t have a great recruiting territory but it won a national title in the last 20 years, has a great tradition and a great fan base.

8. Clemson – It’s simply amazing that Clemson is on this list because of what Dabo Swinney has done. They don’t have a great recruiting territory but the facilities are awesome, the fan base is excellent and the recent winning is only rivaled by Alabama.

9. Florida State – Here’s where the ‘Noles fit in. They can recruit their home state, they’ve won a title recently, the facilities are solid and the fan base is rabid.

10. Florida – No. 10 is a hard one because it could come down to many programs. But I’m going with Florida because they’ve won somewhat recently under Urban Meyer, Florida is a goldmine of talent and the fan base overcomes average facilities.

Wait, no Michigan? No Notre Dame? No Penn State? Keep in mind, when you make a list of 10 jobs, you have to limit it to 10 jobs. Michigan hasn’t won in a long time and is hurt by being up north. Notre Dame has played for a national championship recently but has to manage a rough recruiting landscape. Penn State? The Nittany Lions haven’t won it all in a long time as well and battle the elements in recruiting as well.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-top-10-jobs-most-talented-rosters-2020

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What the hell is wrong with people? This happened last night in New Jersey.

I could go on a major rant about shit like this, but luckily it's a sports forum. I come here to escape this crap.