Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

8 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I hope we’ve done some work this week to stop some of the perimeter runs. Oklahoma did it with great success and then by golly Kansas watched the tape and they did it. I’m not real smart but I’m bet Patterson and crew have seen the last two weeks and will try the same thing. You can’t keep doing what you’ve been doing and “hope” it works this time. We need to smash the run and making them get into 3rd and long and have to pass. We need to quit making heisman trophy candidates out of these guys every week. We’ll see tomorrow what we have learned. 

And when the 3rd and long happens, pressure on the QB is a MUST

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So our starting safeties this week are Estelle and Owens . . . Foster may play nickel. Overshown has not practiced and is a game time decision. Jalen Green to start at CB

Sounds like the perfect time to employ a 4 man front now that you're limited in numbers in the secondary, specifically at safety.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So our starting safeties this week are Estelle and Owens . . . Foster may play nickel. Overshown has not practiced and is a game time decision. Jalen Green to start at CB

Brandon Jones is one of the starting safeties unless you're counting him as the nickel db.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"One of the best" is not a phrase I would ever use with him. There is a list of descriptions I would use in its place, but I will refrain from going there.

So you don’t think Ossai is one of the best underclassmen on the team? I mean sure, Cosmi is probably better in terms of being polished, but Ossai is damn consistent and looks like an emerging leader. I definitely stand by saying Ossai is one of the best underclassmen we have.

Or did you think I was talking about Javonne?

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Did you see on Brainiacs where they reported that Jamison is a late week move after Cook was the initial starter on the depth chart? And that Cook is upset. The move was supposedly made by Herman as an override to Orlando.

11 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

Sounds like the perfect time to employ a 4 man front now that you're limited in numbers in the secondary, specifically at safety.

I’ll shit my pants if Texas walks a true 4 man front out there today.  

41 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

For the 4 man front guys K ST trails by 3  with a minute left in half.

Guess what defense is playing a 4 man front.

...and ousucks! hung 23 points on KST in the first half against that 4 man front.

If the Texas O had scored 24 on ousucks! in the first half of the RRS, we wouldn’t be doing so much hand-wringing over the state of our D. Not that it doesn’t deserve a lot of attention.

Top 25 poll released today: Utah, SMU, Cincinnati, Minnesota and App. Freaking State ranked in the Top 20 and Texas is not. Pathetic. And I don't want to hear about injuries or other excuses. Coach Mensa needs to take a cold, hard look at his staff this offseason and make some uncomfortable decisions, and if he can't or won't make those decisions, then he needs to go with his assistants. 

8 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

Top 25 poll released today: Utah, SMU, Cincinnati, Minnesota and App. Freaking State ranked in the Top 20 and Texas is not. Pathetic. And I don't want to hear about injuries or other excuses. Coach Mensa needs to take a cold, hard look at his staff this offseason and make some uncomfortable decisions, and if he can't or won't make those decisions, then he needs to go with his assistants. 

Texas’ backups should be good enough to start for those teams.  They’ve recruited well enough the last few years for that to be the case

8 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

According to a poster on OB, El Mahico, there was a "come to Jesus" meeting yesterday involving the coaching staff, analysts, and support staff in which very little was held back. 

Left out the part where Tom laid it all out on the line and demanded people speak up about what they were seeing.