Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

48 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I read some where Princley did not like a three man front. Also he is friends with Collins which hurt there.

As for as saving ships by my count 19 commits and19 ships open. And more offers out.

Princely likes what he is talked into liking. Opposing coaches in his ear, telling him how he'll fail at Texas. When Princely committed, we had a 3-man front.

It will work out for the best for him because I don't think he would have ever won a starting job at Texas.

Collins is also friends with Broughton and about a dozen other UT commits.

9 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Here's the latest from Anwar as of 2:25 pm today.

Eagles practiced on Wednesday and is expected to practice on Thursday and will travel with the team to Fort Worth. He missed practice on Tuesday due to a personal issue which has since been resolved and he will play on Saturday.

9 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I never get the homesick thing.  Gotta grow up in life and progress to the next stage.  He has been successful, seeing him as a future nfl prospect imo.  Definitely don’t  want Epps’s stone hands taking his spot this weekend.  Of course could be something different than homesick.  

EDIT:  should have read further posts on Eagles before typing,  thanks for the update above drgilbert.  

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Eagles practiced on Wednesday and is expected to practice on Thursday and will travel with the team to Fort Worth. He missed practice on Tuesday due to a personal issue which has since been resolved and he will play on Saturday.

Good news (I hope). The initial rumors hinted at something ugly.

19 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

I have not seen it here, but Hornfans shows J Shepherd as being gone from the team and went to the portal. Did I just miss it here?

Apparently he was talking negatively to some recruits at last weeks game. Didn't take long for his locker to be cleaned out as he more or less was kicked off the team. 

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Here's a  little more on the situation. 

Anwar also says that it wasn't related to Eagles having any kind of issue with the coaching staff or teammates. That it was a personal issue and should not be a problem going forward. 

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Rumor is that Ossai and Shepherd exchanged punches. 

We know who the good guy is in that altercation. One is bought in, the other isn't and has never been. His recruitment is a perfect example of why those players should be hands off. I know there will be some that will crucify me for saying that, but from what I have seen over the years it always ends with said player leaving.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Rumor is that Ossai and Shepherd exchanged punches. 

Holy crap. One of the best underclassmen on the team--and someone who is quickly becoming a leader on the defense--exchanging punches with one of the flakiest guys on the team? My goodness.

I hope we’ve done some work this week to stop some of the perimeter runs. Oklahoma did it with great success and then by golly Kansas watched the tape and they did it. I’m not real smart but I’m bet Patterson and crew have seen the last two weeks and will try the same thing. You can’t keep doing what you’ve been doing and “hope” it works this time. We need to smash the run and making them get into 3rd and long and have to pass. We need to quit making heisman trophy candidates out of these guys every week. We’ll see tomorrow what we have learned. 

10 hours ago, BigL said:

Damn the sport has changed a lot.  OL and DL/LB exchanging blows was a good hard practice in my day.  

Good luck to Shepard.  Hope he gets past this wherever he ends up.  Hate to see someone with the physical attributes lose a great opportunity.  

I don't wish him good luck at all since he told Princely not to come to Texas last week during his visit. Reading between the lines, that basically got him kicked off the team 

14 hours ago, utb040713 said:

Holy crap. One of the best underclassmen on the team--and someone who is quickly becoming a leader on the defense--exchanging punches with one of the flakiest guys on the team? My goodness.

"One of the best" is not a phrase I would ever use with him. There is a list of descriptions I would use in its place, but I will refrain from going there.

Ossai has tons of talent, is focused on getting better, is just as intense in practice as he is during games, and will become an All American before he is done.

None of that will ever be used to describe the kid who departed.

5 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I hope we’ve done some work this week to stop some of the perimeter runs. Oklahoma did it with great success and then by golly Kansas watched the tape and they did it. I’m not real smart but I’m bet Patterson and crew have seen the last two weeks and will try the same thing. You can’t keep doing what you’ve been doing and “hope” it works this time. We need to smash the run and making them get into 3rd and long and have to pass. We need to quit making heisman trophy candidates out of these guys every week. We’ll see tomorrow what we have learned. 

Agree. Patterson won't stop using it until we learn to stop it.