Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

1 hour ago, Baron said:

e$pn is really pushing the "if OU loses the Big 12 is eliminated from the CFP" argument. How much sway does e$pn hold with the playoff committee?

A lot. They have the microphone and can pound home/create the expectation.

Their homerism knows no bounds.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

A lot. They have the microphone and can pound home/create the expectation.

Their homerism knows no bounds.

Dinich & Finebaum are the worst

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:
Texas Football (@TexasFootball) Tweeted:
RAW: Throwback uniform reveal to the team. 

#ThisIsTexas #HookEm https://t.co/gThHLwSg9G

These aren't true throwbacks. Its the elements of the uni of that day applied to today's uniform.

Look at the double stripe sleeve. Its at the end of the shoulder pad in today's version. A longer short sleeve and lower stripes were the look of the day.

JamesStreet_original.jpg

15 hours ago, drgilbert said:

These guys had some pretty interesting takes on the ou game

I was at the game.  I know exactly what happened.  We got run up and down the field.  If it weren't for Hurts' mistakes, it would have been a 21 point deficit instead of a 7 pointer.

They are a couple of horn fans that have a YouTube channel. The most interesting facts IMO were the possessions ou had in the first half. Scored on their first drive and then had multiple other opportunities and only scored 3 points. Although I still think ou was more physical than us, if someone would have said we held ou to 10 points and created two turnovers I would have been ecstatic. They also talked about the multiple dropped passes that if caught could have resulted in TDS and possibly changed the momentum 

9 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

They are a couple of horn fans that have a YouTube channel. The most interesting facts IMO were the possessions ou had in the first half. Scored on their first drive and then had multiple other opportunities and only scored 3 points. Although I still think ou was more physical than us, if someone would have said we held ou to 10 points and created two turnovers I would have been ecstatic. They also talked about the multiple dropped passes that if caught could have resulted in TDS and possibly changed the momentum 

Not having missed tackles would have changed the momentum. This has plagued us all season. I think I heard, UT leads the nation in missed tackles with close to 50.

19 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

Not having missed tackles would have changed the momentum. This has plagued us all season. I think I heard, UT leads the nation in missed tackles with close to 50.

I have heard that as well. They talked about the missed tackles as well. I still believe the majority of the blame falls on the coaches and their lack of instilling the sense of urgency needed to win a game of this magnitude. I also believe we weren’t schematically prepared as well. 

4 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

We have way more than 50 missed tackles. Has to be closer to 75. Been missing a dozen a game easily.

OU scouted and game planned us well. Our offense has become quite predictable in the way of play calling. OU seemed to know when we would pass to the sideline (I hate that play anyway) every time. They had our number.

When you realize this, and it should have been realized midway through the 1st qtr, you change your approach.

5 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

This. I think the missed tackles just might be the No.1 issue we have. I got to believe that there is a high probability that we would have won the game if we had just cut the missed tackles in half.