Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Caleb Johnson is entering into the transfer portal. He hasn’t played this year. Thin LB core is getting thinner. 

Worried because we don’t have LB recruits coming in at the moment. 

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

Caleb Johnson is entering into the transfer portal. He hasn’t played this year. Thin LB core is getting thinner. 

Worried because we don’t have LB recruits coming in at the moment. 

I thought had a few snaps in one game?  I guess not enough to keep him happy.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

What does it take to put the special teams coach in the portal? Punts returns no you have to catch the ball to return it.

Punt coverage.  Once had a ball bounce inside 10 with two guys watching it go into the EZ.  Another punt landed around the 7-8 with a handful of guys between it and the EZ but nobody protecting the bounce back.  The ball rolled back to around the 20. 

Two muffed punts gave up 14 pts.

herman needs to learn when to kick FGs.  That hurry up on 4th they should’ve kicked.  FGs add up too.

for Herman to say he puts a huge emphasis on special teams, ours isn’t so special

30 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Punt coverage.  Once had a ball bounce inside 10 with two guys watching it go into the EZ.  Another punt landed around the 7-8 with a handful of guys between it and the EZ but nobody protecting the bounce back.  The ball rolled back to around the 20. 

Two muffed punts gave up 14 pts.

herman needs to learn when to kick FGs.  That hurry up on 4th they should’ve kicked.  FGs add up too.

for Herman to say he puts a huge emphasis on special teams, ours isn’t so special

Our place kicker is good for the first time since Mack’s Penn State transfer Fera. We have a good punter. We stuffed Ok St when they attempted the fake. 

I agree the punt returners made big mistakes. B Jones won’t make his mistake again. And J Smith might midfield a punt again but probably not at that time of the game. Those mistakes are fixable during the year. Not having the talent or desire isn’t. This team looks very talented and passionate to me  

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Perusing the 24/7 site I ran across a list of  10 fastest players for 2919 season.

Texas had number 6 and7 Burt and Duvernay. TCU had one from New Boston.

Auburn had number  1 and 2 .

Burt has speed, but never seems to be open.  Great straight line speed, route running must be suspect.

16 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Perusing the 24/7 site I ran across a list of  10 fastest players for 2919 season.

Texas had number 6 and7 Burt and Duvernay. TCU had one from New Boston.

Auburn had number  1 and 2 .

How did they calculate this?

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

Mostly on  forty yds. Burts and  Duvernays were sixty yds. Auburns number one was on one hundred meters in high school. ten o nine hundred rest was forty times? J. Gladney 

TCU conor back ran a  four .three two forty. Really wanted him to go to  Texas . Must be something in the water here. In a five mile radius two world class sprinters plus Gladney were born.

1 hour ago, TB14 said: