Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

2 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

I watched Ingram in high school a bunch.  He was one that got better the more you fed him.  He was tough too.

any time frame on Daniel Young?

I forget what Young’s injury actually was...knee?

lovin' the disrespect...on my way home from work this morning caught part of one of the SiriusXM sports shows...ESPN channel I believe. Don't remember who the host was but he had that Brock Huard guy on. Huard was asked about the aggy Clemson and LSU Texas games...started talking up aggy and jimbo and couldn't wait to see what they came up with for Clemson...yada, yada, yada...then turned to our game...talked exclusively about LSU's new offense and their QB, some about their defense...the word 'Texas' was only mentioned once, in passing

On 9/2/2019 at 1:24 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Per Brainiacs . . . 

Whittington will undergo sports hernia surgery and will be out six weeks.

Shackleford is uncertain at this time.

Jared Wiley is doubtful.

Collin Johnson is day to day.

Kirk Johnson out six more weeks.

Daniel Young is out.

LB David Gbenda has been moved to RB. Depth chart is now Ingram, Johnson, Gbenda

can’t delete this comment idk why. 

On Nignt shift bored out of my mind I decided to watch LSU week 1. I do not see what all the excitement is about. I saw a VERY bad Georgia southern attempt to play defense. There is no chance is hell LSU will run the ball 7 yards before the first guy touches him on Saturday. The offense just did the short passes and let’s the athletes make the plays. Nothing UT hasn’t seen from OU every single year. Texas will not play a better offense (or scary) then they do in conference against OU. I was kinda nervous until I watched the game myself. Going to be close don’t get me wrong but aggy saying there stomping UT is ludicrous 

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

On Nignt shift bored out of my mind I decided to watch LSU week 1. I do not see what all the excitement is about. I saw a VERY bad Georgia southern attempt to play defense. There is no chance is hell LSU will run the ball 7 yards before the first guy touches him on Saturday. The offense just did the short passes and let’s the athletes make the plays. Nothing UT hasn’t seen from OU every single year. Texas will not play a better offense (or scary) then they do in conference against OU. I was kinda nervous until I watched the game myself. Going to be close don’t get me wrong but aggy saying there stomping UT is ludicrous 

Yep. LSU was playing catch on offense. 

Their defense had the daunting task of stopping a one dimensional running offense who’s best RB totaled 308 yards a year ago (5th best on the team) and a red shirt QB making his first start who completed 3 passes of the 8 he attempted. 

LSU might be great but their first game was useless as a barometer. 

HELL HAS FROZE OVER!

Jim Traber WWLS sports animal (Oklahoma) has made his lock of the week Texas WIN over LSU. Go to Vegas and place your bets now folks. 

(Although he isn’t a huge sooner homer, he did choose UT over Ou couple years ago) but still shocked. 

31 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

Herman loves preparing his teams for these games. I have seen sooo much shit talking from LSU players on Twitter. They think they have this in the bag. It’s always the loud mouth that gets knocked out in a fight.

A wise old man told me to always remember this:

”The motor that powers the horn is never strong enough to move the boat” 

It's being reported that someone has leaked Ehlinger's phone # to LSU fans. Before 5:00 he had already received over 600 texts and the phone won't stop ringing with calls. Reported by The Horn radio station. SMDH.

Army took Michigan into OT in Ann Arbor. Look for Army to make a leap in the polls next week while Michigan stays put.

Aggy giving Clemson a game in the early going. Hate to admit it. Hope Clemson wakes up here soon.

It appears adrenaline played a big part early on, but Clemson has been schooling aggy since.

24-3 with the clock under 10.

Time is challenging aggy as the shadows stretch across the field and aTm is relegated to dink and dunk, unable to make big plays.

...and now a Clemson interception closes the door on an aggy scoring opportunity with 9 to go.

6 hours ago, Bogey said:

It appears adrenaline played a big part early on, but Clemson has been schooling aggy since.

24-3 with the clock under 10.

Time is challenging aggy as the shadows stretch across the field and aTm is relegated to dink and dunk, unable to make big plays.

...and now a Clemson interception closes the door on an aggy scoring opportunity with 9 to go.

Clemson only won because aggy didn’t want to be there and the game wasn't important:D

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

K’lavon chaisson with a public apology. That’s what happens when your ass gets humbled by Sam Cosmi all night. Guys a tool. 

De he return the pregame water he stole from our sideline just to be a turd? Jackass.:D

16 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Can you post what he said in his apology?

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-College-Football-Playoff-contender-LSU-Tigers-135378307/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

maybe this article will work. LSU has good things to say bout the offense after the game. I will give them that