Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****KANSAS VS. TEXAS GAME THREAD*****

Aaron Carrara

Gutsy effort against a team clearly better than us at full strength.  

Ive been pretty negative about Texas basketball for about two years now; so in an effort to turn over a new leaf, here are some positives:

Roach has developed into a really nice player.  If he could somehow add a real shooting threat, I honestly think he could play at the next level.  

Young adds speed and athleticism.  When he’s in the game the team has a different look to it (a good thing).  If he could only shoot....

Simms has tremendous potential and will step right in for Bomba next year without the degree of drop off I was expecting.  If he could only shoot.  

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Ive been pretty negative about Texas basketball for about two years now; so in an effort to turn over a new leaf, here are some positives:

Roach has developed into a really nice player.  If he could somehow add a real shooting threat, I honestly think he could play at the next level.  

Young adds speed and athleticism.  When he’s in the game the team has a different look to it (a good thing).  If he could only shoot....

Simms has tremendous potential and will step right in for Bomba next year without the degree of drop off I was expecting.  If he could only shoot.  

Agree about Simms' potential, he appears to have grown every game this year. Funny you state "If he could only shoot". Do you know he has the highest FG% of the team shooting .592%? Now if you meant FTs, definitely agree there since he is the worst on the team at .400%.

Someone who really needs to step up is Febres. He was supposed to be our outside threat and he has been underachieving in his role.

11 hours ago, 83Dee said:

We recruited Young as a shooter. I hope it shows up at some point. But yeah, he's looking better with each game.

Roach has some Royal Ivey in him. He knows no fear.

Simms has just got to be more assertive under the rim. KU just had their way with us in the paint – something that would have never happened with Bamba. Simms needs some mean streak, ditch some of that finess.