Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Manny Diaz looking for DC gigs elsewhere

bbdude

• Administrators

In case you haven't heard yet Manny Diaz is looking hard to find another defensive coordinator position. He contacted Florida State about their opening but coach Jimbo Fisher is interested in Alabama defensive backs coach Jeremy Pruitt. Diaz could land a DC position at another FBS school but this season at Texas did him no favors. FIU is still a possibility for Manny, which if they were to offer - my advice would be for him to take it.... QUICK.

I think he knows it is the end of the line for him at Texas. My only concern is who Texas would get to replace him? There are no big name guys out there that Mack could pull in.

Legitimate point. Doubtful there are any in-house candidates that could step in and do the job.

His good season was decent, we still crumbled against legit teams. Beating up on the usual suspects to pad stats doesn't work for me. And his bad season was the worst D that I have ever seen at UT. He is failing to drill the basics into them(tackling, gap responsibilities, etc). I think he was a knee jerk hire in the first place. He was hired basically based on two decent seasons at Miss St.

But you're right. Mack is generous and I hope Diaz is gone but I'm preparing for him to stay.