Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Andersen update

echeese

Jason Suchomel from OB is reporting that the visit went VERY well for Anderson (Rice OT grad transfer).

Pay info so won't give away the details but since Coburn and Ingram are cb-ed to us, Anderson is the MOST important recruit left.

A kid who will walk on campus in one starters spot basically.

My projection for the 2018 OL

Anderson-Vahe-Shack-Hudson-Kesstrell

Still pretty thin but this should allow us to shirt the other OLs

Grandy will push Vahe and/or Hudson for the starting spot.

This would also give Cosmi a year to bulk up and gain experience.

I hope we get Tucker as well.  Anderson and Tucker at Tackles and let the rest battle it out for the interior 3 spots.  I'm thinking Grandy at RG, Shack, Rodriguez, or Kerstetter at Center, and whoever wins out of Vahe/Okafor/Hudson as LG.

Has anyone else noticed that Herm is addressing issues like no other UT coach that I've seen?

OL went from depleted and questionable coaching to a nice depth/quality and a helluva instructor to go with it.

Lack of recruiting momentum coming out of the dead period? Insert Carrington at the 10th on an interim and BOOM! – We're rolling again.

We had issues at QB, no depth and very young. We've gone from two QBs to four QBs with the ability to shirt one and have a JR and SOPH with great experience.

Depth on the DL? We're now going to finish with a nice haul there.

I'm pretty tickled with what I'm seeing. Herm is getting it done. We're going to seriously be bad ass in a couple years.

21 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Has anyone else noticed that Herm is addressing issues like no other UT coach that I've seen?

OL went from depleted and questionable coaching to a nice depth/quality and a helluva instructor to go with it.

Lack of recruiting momentum coming out of the dead period? Insert Carrington at the 10th on an interim and BOOM! – We're rolling again.

We had issues at QB, no depth and very young. We've gone from two QBs to four QBs with the ability to shirt one and have a JR and SOPH with great experience.

I'm pretty tickled with what I'm seeing. Herm is getting it done. We're going to seriously be bad ass in a couple years.

Agree, great off season so far.  Just wish some of this magic and decision making would have come in to play during the 4th quarter of games last season.

if Texas can get both grad transfers Tucker and Anderson to play tackle that means Kerstetter could redshirt which he needs also Grandy would move to guard. If I were Vahe I would volunteer to learn to play Center both to help Texas but also for any NFL shot guards who are 6'2 are few and far between. Texas line 2 deep

LT Anderson,Cosmi

LG Vahe,Okafor

C Rodriguez,Shack

RG Grandy,Hudson

RT Tucker,Kerstetter

Hudson has most talent of guards just injury issue you never know

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah I noticed it. And what's interesting to see is that during the dead period he was able to pull out a blueprint plan of how he was gonna go on recruiting attack mode and not leave one stone nor rock unturned.  

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Shark McCollough (Jr), Edwin Freeman (Sr), DeMarco Boyd (Jr), Marquez Bimage (soph) are back plus Ayodele Adoeye from the current class.

I don’t forsee Shark logging snaps at ILB and Bimage’s experiment there didn’t take so he is on the Hager plan.  If the staff has to have Boyd log heavy snaps then that’s probably not a good sign. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I don’t forsee Shark logging snaps at ILB and Bimage’s experiment there didn’t take so he is on the Hager plan.  If the staff has to have Boyd log heavy snaps then that’s probably not a good sign. 

Didn’t someone on here say Boyd was going to fullback?