Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Basketball

tejasrulz

I'm not sure if yall noticed but Butler, a team Texas beat by 13 pts, just beat #1 Villanova 101-93. On that same day, Bama beats #5 aggy (more like destroyed) at their house 79-57. Texas beat Bama there by 16. Those wins, with the fact Texas beat aggy in a scrimmage, should help during the tournament selection.

I really thought with a healthy Jones, Texas could beat Kansas. I wasn't able to watch the game due to a conflict but I see he played a limited amount of time so hopefully he can join the starting line-up soon. It also doesn't help when a team hits 17 3s, that's hard to overcome. Hopefully the majority of those 3s were contested. If so, sometimes you just have to tip your hat to your opponent.

The Big XII is tough this year. Texas may end up the year at or slightly above .500 in conference play. To improved that projected record, they have to win out at home and grab a couple of road wins vs some good teams.

i didn't watch all of the game but the part that i did see, there wasn't much effort to get on the offensive boards.  lots of 1 shot and done.  hardly any crashing of the boards on the offensive side.  davis had a chance to put us up by 1 at the end of regulation but missed a free throw.  too many misses all year on the free throw line.

2 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

i didn't watch all of the game but the part that i did see, there wasn't much effort to get on the offensive boards.  lots of 1 shot and done.  hardly any crashing of the boards on the offensive side.  davis had a chance to put us up by 1 at the end of regulation but missed a free throw.  too many misses all year on the free throw line.

Agree, but Texas wins!!!

Huge win for the wins, especially considering how long it had been since we won in Ames. Some thoughts from the game:

(1) Coleman played huge at the end of the game, both offensively and defensively. He is getting better and better with every game, and I think he's going to be a force to be reckoned with by the end of the game.

(2) Mo's offense disappeared in the 2nd half, but he still found a way to impact the game on the defensive end. No surprise that he came up with a huge block at the end of the game to help seal the win.

(3) I'm very disappointed in what we've seen from Febres. The kid was supposed to be a sniper, but he plain and simply isn't ready for this stage. Hopefully he finds his stroke before the end of the season. We need his 3-point shooting.

(4) LOL, I think Davis may have one of the most hideous shots I've ever seen, but he gave us offense when we needed it desperately in the 2nd half. I'm glad his missed free throw didn't kill us.