Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 Quick Thoughts: Texas vs. Missouri

Harrison Wier

2 hours ago, mctmatt said:

I have to stand up and fully admit that I did not see us winning this game with so many key players missing .  I like my crow fried with some gravy please !   With that said never been so glad to be so wrong.  Congratulations this was a huge win for the Coaches, players and the program . ....

Ditto for me.  Bravo to the coaching staff for getting the team ready to play in the Texas Bowl....

I was a bit concerned prior to the game as well, especially with the guys that would be missing.  But as I watched the pre-game analysis on LHN, and saw the records of the teams they beat during the 6-game winning streak, I became more hopeful. 

4 minutes ago, PTA said:

I was a bit concerned prior to the game as well, especially with the guys that would be missing.  But as I watched the pre-game analysis on LHN, and saw the records of the teams they beat during the 6-game winning streak, I became more hopeful. 

There are at least 2 posts on the first page of the Game Thread telling you same thing :)

Spank that arrogant ass.  SEC teams think they are good because they have convinced themselves.  They just have to show and chant SEC and they win by default.  

I hope they are enjoying sucking that SEC poopsicle this morning.

Garbage team in a trash conference. 

We didnt even need our top players or even key subs to beat the SEC best offense.

I love arrogant comments below, makes the victory even sweeter

Literalist iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Minnesota
Member since Oct 2014
1188 posts

Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 10:35 am
uArw.png5dArw.png0
In reading several forums and boards, and talking to fellow Mizzou fans, there seems to be confidence that we'll piss pound Texas. 

I know Texas is 6-6, but checking closer made me a little more cautious than some. 

Texas lost 6 games, 5 of them were by less than 7 points: 

#8 USC by 3, K.State by 6, #17 Okie St, by 3, #2 Okie by 5, and 6-6 Texas Tech by 4. 

Their other (and worst) loss was to # 13 TCU, 24-7. 

While I'd love, LOVE to beat the shite out of those arrogant bastards, I just can't jump in with the "We'll beat 'em by 40" crowd. 

Someone tell me there's nothing to fear Iconcheers.gif Iconcheers.gif
This post was edited on 12/4 at 2:04 pm

TigerTalker16 iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Columbia,MO
Member since Apr 2015
8611 posts

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 10:44 am to Literalist
quote:
I just can't jump on the "We'll beat 'em by 40" crowd.

I can! frick Texas!

SemperFi
Central Florida Fan
St Louis
Member since Nov 2015
693 posts

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 10:46 am to Literalist
No Worries. Their best defensive players are sitting this one out. 

Replies (0)

uArw.png0dArw.png0
Wtodd iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Tampa, FL
Member since Oct 2013
27044 posts
Icononline.gif Online 

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 10:50 am to Literalist
quote:
Concern about Texas

That their cheerleaders will put up a better fight during the postgame raping

Replies (0)

uArw.png3dArw.png0
JesusQuintana iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
St Louis
Member since Oct 2013
17971 posts
Icononline.gif Online 

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 10:57 am to Literalist
I don't know about beating them by 40, but they have one of the worst pass defenses in the country. I have to imagine Lock and Co will have a big day.

mizslu314 iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Dirty STL
Member since Sep 2013
5163 posts

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 11:03 am to JesusQuintana
Their best players are sitting this one out, and we're getting crockett back.

Replies (0)

uArw.png0dArw.png0
ZOUtiger iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Member since Aug 2016
540 posts

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 11:04 am to Literalist
Their pass D is 108 in the country and their best back is sitting out the bowl and declaring for the draft. 

Their rushing offense is terrible. Their rusher with the most yards is their second QB (yes they use 2) with 364 yards. Their two running backs have just over 300 yards each.

TigerCruise iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Virginia Beach, VA
Member since Oct 2013
5733 posts

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 11:12 am to ZOUtiger
Texas' strength is their defense, without their 2 best defensive players potentially, I think we have a great shot to beat them fairly easily.

Replies (0)

uArw.png1dArw.png0
Bluegrassboy iconmizzou.gif
Missouri Fan
Kirksville, Mo.
Member since Jun 2017
538 posts

re: Concern about TexasPosted on 12/4/17 at 12:43 pm to TigerTalker16
Many years ago, Texas made a visit to Columbia. The huge chant was Tuck Fexas! Never like them then, and still don’t.

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I'll cut him a little slack since it was his first game all year. 

And I'll never understand how we can watch someone play one game and know that he can or can't cut it. Believe it or not, players do improve.

Lame excuse. He had a month of bowl prep against a better defense than Mizzou had. He’s just not a LT, and that’s fine. Texas needs to find one though. 

9 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

Lame excuse. He had a month of bowl prep against a better defense than Mizzou had. He’s just not a LT, and that’s fine. Texas needs to find one though. 

We don't know if he's a LT or not. And we sure don't know if he is or not after making his first start coming off a season long injury. We may think it and we may say it. But we damn sure don't know it as a certainty yet. 

But I do agree with your last sentence :)

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

We don't know if he's a LT or not. And we sure don't know if he is or not after making his first start coming off a season long injury. We may think it and we may say it. But we damn sure don't know it as a certainty yet. 

But I do agree with your last sentence :)

That’s what is great about being here. We can disagree civilly and leave it at that haha! We shall see. 

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I'll cut him a little slack since it was his first game all year. 

And I'll never understand how we can watch someone play one game and know that he can or can't cut it. Believe it or not, players do improve.

I’ll say based on what I saw of him in previous years I don’t think he’s a left tackle. First game jitters and rust do apply,  but he never had the look of a guy sticking on the blind side long term to me. Think it’s likely he slides back over to RT if folks think Cosmi is the real deal. 

Edited by Daniel Seahorn

19 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

great way to end the season. I'm good with the mock by Herman and the team. I've seen the article calling it classless. they don't seem to mention the horns down being disrespectful

The mizzou players and fans were disrespecting us leading up to the game.  Hell even when we had 10 point lead late in the 4th you could see some mizzou player on the bench flashing a Hookem sign and simulating sawing the horns off with his other hand.   Arrogant and over confident they deserve the loss and any humiliation that comes with it.

The fact those idiots were doing their taunting gestures when they trailed the entire game was reason enough.   That includes Locks 3rd quarter TD pass.  As if he just took the lead or something.

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

The biggest drive of the night may have been the one in the 4th quarter that ended up with no points. However it consumed over 7 mins of the 4th quarter with Texas holding on to a 10 pt lead. Poerter, everyone's fav RB, played a big part in it.

Excellent point and I agree. If you were watching the faces of the Mizzou defense, it was priceless. The urgency was there, but there was nothing they could do about it. 

This drive was critical for the reason you indicated above, but also because this offense has now "done that." Burning the clock and keeping the ball from the defense is something we haven't done all season. Now we have. And we know we can do it.

I just want @Harrison Wier @Aaron Carrara @Daniel Seahorn @Jameson McCausland  This site is badass. Although I got Butthurt hurt my post got locked the other day I sure have enjoyed being on here. It makes watching the Games that much better. Hornsports has made me WAY more knowledgeable and gives me ammo when my ou friends try to run that mouth. The off-season here is still fun but already can’t wait to hit the ground running again sep 1st. Y’all the real MVP

30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Excellent point and I agree. If you were watching the faces of the Mizzou defense, it was priceless. The urgency was there, but there was nothing they could do about it. 

This drive was critical for the reason you indicated above, but also because this offense has now "done that." Burning the clock and keeping the ball from the defense is something we haven't done all season. Now we have. And we know we can do it.

I believe we did do this once during the season.  Against K State? Don't remember the team but the offense closed the game on a sustained drive, chewing 5-6 minutes of the clock

5 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I believe we did do this once during the season.  Against K State? Don't remember the team but the offense closed the game on a sustained drive, chewing 5-6 minutes of the clock

Yup wasted 8 min off the clock. Don’t think KSU though cuz that was like a 2OT win.  Don’t recall which game lol but did happen 1 time 

It was the win vs Iowa State, 4th Quarter

13 plays, 40 yards, Milked 7:35 TOP to end the game

1st and 10 at TEX 34
(7:25 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 3 yds to the Texas 37

2nd and 7 at TEX 37
(7:00 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 6 yds to the Texas 43

3rd and 1 at TEX 43
(6:30 - 4th) TEXAS Penalty, Offensive Holding (-10 Yards) to the Texas 33

3rd and 11 at TEX 33
(6:05 - 4th) Shane Buechele run for 13 yds to the Texas 46 for a 1ST down

1st and 10 at TEX 46
(5:35 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 5 yds to the IowSt 49

2nd and 5 at ISU 49
(5:05 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 1 yd to the IowSt 48

3rd and 4 at ISU 48
(4:20 - 4th) Toneil Carter run for 4 yds to the IowSt 44 for a 1ST down

1st and 10 at ISU 44
(3:50 - 4th) Chris Warren III run for 4 yds to the IowSt 40

2nd and 6 at ISU 40
(3:15 - 4th) Chris Warren III run for no gain to the IowSt 40

3rd and 6 at ISU 40
(2:25 - 4th) Shane Buechele run for 5 yds to the IowSt 35

4th and 1 at ISU 35
(1:50 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 4 yds to the IowSt 31 for a 1ST down

1st and 10 at ISU 31
(1:30 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 1 yd to the IowSt 30

2nd and 9 at ISU 30
(0:45 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 2 yds to the IowSt 28

3rd and 7 at ISU 28
(0:10 - 4th) Kyle Porter run for 2 yds to the IowSt 26

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’ll say based on what I saw of him in previous years I don’t think he’s a left tackle. First game jitters and rust do apply,  but he never had the look of a guy sticking on the blind side long term to me. Think it’s likely he slides back over to RT if folks think Cosmi is the real deal. 

Grandy can play LT as well correct?