Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Board Etiquette

Harrison Wier

Most of you know how this community operates. We are a free website,  but will not tolerate any type of personal attacks or inappropriate behavior. With that being said, the incident that happened on the board about an hour ago was that type of conduct. The user has been permanently banned from HornSports. That type of behavior is never acceptable. I apologize for not getting to it sooner. I try to monitor the board as much as possible, but sometimes life gets in the way and I have to go away for a couple of hours. For these reasons, I am going to hand out my personal email address. PLEASE only use this when there is inappropriate behavior or something relating to conduct on the website. Before you email me, please report the user. Our system is set up so that a report is immediately brought to our attention so that we can solve it quickly and without issue. My email is harrison.wier@gmai.com. Thank you to everyone who handled this situation with integrity. I apologize to anyone that person offended. That is not what this community is about. Thank you for your understanding. Now, let''s get excited for NSD1 bright and early tomorrow morning!

Come on man, if you're going to talk about etiquette, you're going to have to at least spell it right ;)

Sorry, just had to bust your chops a bit.

In all seriousness, we all know or should know that life does indeed get in the way. So you most certainly do not owe us an apology. 

Quite simply, you guys do an outstanding job. Well, most of you anyway. Just kidding :D

2 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Come on man, if you're going to talk about etiquette, you're going to have to at least spell it right ;)

Sorry, just had to bust your chops a bit.

In all seriousness, we all know or should know that life does indeed get in the way. So you most certainly do not owe us an apology. 

Quite simply, you guys do an outstanding job. Well, most of you anyway. Just kidding :D

haha. Thanks for pointing that out man! We appreciate your support. 

After reviewing the thread and being briefed on what occurred, I want to thank the posters here for bringing this to our attention because like Harrison said we can’t be everywhere all the time in regards to posts on the board. 

It goes without saying that actions such as this will not be tolerated and will be treated as a one Strike and you’re out kind of deal. We like to encourage healthy debates and exchanges, but it should never reach the levels it did in this case. 

40 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I missed the drama...and apparently that's a good thing. Keep up the good work fellas! #HookEm 

FYI it’s still on the high school state semi finals thread lol I hadda read it... maybe some things were deleted though because It wasn’t near as bad as I was thinkin In my head lol. 

14 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

FYI it’s still on the high school state semi finals thread lol I hadda read it... maybe some things were deleted though because It wasn’t near as bad as I was thinkin In my head lol. 

LOL! I went over there and checked it out as well. Some post must have been deleted because of how I built up the drama in my feeble brain, what's there left much to be "desired" lol

I am always surprised at what people will say on the internet that I DONT THINK they will say elsewhere.  Then, I go to school!  I’m constantly telling those kids that I’m not old enough to hear what they are saying!!  

Believe it or not, that usually gets them to stop.  Then just a few days ago, I was checking out at Walgreen’s, their regular counter. An older child, who had obviously been in the hospital, walked up to her mom (shopping) and told her she was feeling really sick. The mom, after words that would make a sailor blush, told her to sit down and quit ‘witchin’. 

Now I know why we fight it all the time. 

2 hours ago, Harrison Wier said:

I'm not going to repeat what was said. The argument in its entirety seemed pretty silly. You can ask @Sirhornsalot if you want more details. I'm sure he remembers vividly. Lol. 

Ha Ha, straight out of the Twilight Zone. Just a guy who took his high school football WAY too seriously and thought he could win his team the state championship on a message board thread.

It was one of those things where at first, you keep saying "surely, this isn't serious." lol

I think we've all run into these types before. They greet each other on the street saying "Mojo!" or whatever. The local team has somehow morphed into part of their own persona and is worth defending – even when not under attack. lol

But then he PM'd me and the humor was gone. lol

He was already off the rails when I responded to one of his posts by telling him that he was kinda of being an ass and that I was being kind by saying "kinda". 

Little did I know that I hadn't seen anything yet topped off by PM'ing SHA :wacko:

I'm not sure I've seen anything like it on any of the numerous boards I frequent. 

26 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Ha Ha, straight out of the Twilight Zone. Just a guy who took his high school football WAY too seriously and thought he could win his team the state championship on a message board thread.

It was one of those things where at first, you keep saying "surely, this isn't serious." lol

I think we've all run into these types before. They greet each other on the street saying "Mojo!" or whatever. The local team has somehow morphed into part of their own persona and is worth defending – even when not under attack. lol

But then he PM'd me and the humor was gone. lol

Is it bad that when I read your update after this weekend I hope his team loses :D