Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sirhornsalot

Friday Night Lights – State Semi Finals

36 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Unemployment there since 1982 has only gone down from 27% because lots of folks gave up on the steel plant they depended on to start back up again, and simply moved away.

I have driven by the steel plant a few times this football season and each time I think back to when that place was booming.  It is sad to see the negative impact that facilities such as Lone Star Steel can have on a community when they shutdown.  I did stop in Daingerfield and eat at Outlaws BBQ for the first time. Very nice place.

Also, looking forward to the book. As I have said before, lots of good memories during the 80s following the Tigers during the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, swaha said:

I have driven by the steel plant a few times this football season and each time I think back to when that place was booming.  It is sad to see the negative impact that facilities such as Lone Star Steel can have on a community when they shutdown.  I did stop in Daingerfield and eat at Outlaws BBQ for the first time. Very nice place.

Also, looking forward to the book. As I have said before, lots of good memories during the 80s following the Tigers during the playoffs.

Yeah, my dad retired after 34 years at LSS – a week before they laid off 3,000 employees. He was fortunate with the timing.

I worked the summer of '81 there at LSS. Though it paid good money even for the lowest on the totem pole, it taught me that I DID NOT want to work steel the rest of my life. Back in the day, everyone around made good money.

It wasn't just LSS, either. It was also the 100-200 satellite companies that depended on LSS for their work, and the retail that depended on those nice paychecks to get circulated.

Thats the premise of the book – not just the football team, but how a town depended on that team during the worst of times.

Lolol. Yes he is at the bottom of that list. Glance over to the far right. .8 then look up to the very top of the list and stay to the right. This is his 7th year as HC. He doesn't even qualify based on number of games coached yet. 4th title game in a row as HC. For the 7th straight year we will either win the title or lose to the eventual state champion. 13-3, 15-1, 16-0, 14-0 this year. Streak will be 41 and counting. Hold tight, wait, and you will see probably in two years what I am talking about. Its what Greg tepper told him in person. At the rate he is winning games/based on number of games coached and needs to be coached as HC. I will ask coach T in person either today or tomorrow what Greg told him. Also, dctf has the "winningest teams" listed up to 2015. We have played in two title games since that update. Again, what I'm talking about is in the making. Has been for 7 years. And No it will NOT be a good game. Total mismatch/blowout. Just like Navarro in semi finals last year. That offense does NOT work against us. Wos 35-7. 

It may be a minimum of 100 or 200 games coached as a HC. Looking at the list you provided ALL of those have a at least 200 or or more logged. Coach T is above 80% with just under 100 games as HC. I'm pretty sure based on the point system.......after we win Friday and receive another 20 points for the state championship and then they add two titles to that that are NOT even listed yet......what Greg told T will become a lot more clear.  Again, I'm not 100% but I do know that Greg told him and gave him minimum numbers as a head coach and did say...... ."wouldn't even be close." Fact!!!

2 hours ago, Tomhermansboy said:

It may be a minimum of 100 or 200 games coached as a HC. Looking at the list you provided ALL of those have a at least 200 or or more logged. Coach T is above 80% with just under 100 games as HC. I'm pretty sure based on the point system.......after we win Friday and receive another 20 points for the state championship and then they add two titles to that that are NOT even listed yet......what Greg told T will become a lot more clear.  Again, I'm not 100% but I do know that Greg told him and gave him minimum numbers as a head coach and did say...... ."wouldn't even be close." Fact!!!

So after he coaches a few hundred more games he will have the highest winning percentage?  Am I reading the posts correct?

5 hours ago, Tomhermansboy said:

Lolol. Yes he is at the bottom of that list. Glance over to the far right. .8 then look up to the very top of the list and stay to the right. This is his 7th year as HC. He doesn't even qualify based on number of games coached yet. 4th title game in a row as HC. For the 7th straight year we will either win the title or lose to the eventual state champion. 13-3, 15-1, 16-0, 14-0 this year. Streak will be 41 and counting. Hold tight, wait, and you will see probably in two years what I am talking about. Its what Greg tepper told him in person. At the rate he is winning games/based on number of games coached and needs to be coached as HC. I will ask coach T in person either today or tomorrow what Greg told him. Also, dctf has the "winningest teams" listed up to 2015. We have played in two title games since that update. Again, what I'm talking about is in the making. Has been for 7 years. And No it will NOT be a good game. Total mismatch/blowout. Just like Navarro in semi finals last year. That offense does NOT work against us. Wos 35-7. 

So in other words, everything you said before was just total bullshit.

I'll agree but we already figured that much.

4 hours ago, Tomhermansboy said:

Fact? lol

"After we win Friday"  . . lol, I don't think you're qualified to call that a fact. 

My only question is – is there someone who cares about you who will be around at the end of the game? You might want to give that some thought. This might not work out like you've decided it will. lol

Change both of your 4a picks or you will be 0-2 in those games! Best RB duo in Texas high school football history (kennedale) 0-2 vs Stangs last two years. Lol. Positive. Kennadale over carthage and wos over PG. Should be a fun Thursday practice. When kennedale beats carthage and when wos beats PG at least we will have a true clear cut state champion in 4a. Wos 23 kennedale 20. 

38 minutes ago, Tomhermansboy said:

Okay, you're not 100%, but you know this to be "fact" because someone named "Greg" said so.

This, after saying it was all fact, swearing by it, then basing 2017 predictions off of what teams a decade ago have done.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're a homer to the Nth degree. And that issue negatively affects your view because it puts you as a slave to your emotions.

For every stat and achievement you've thrown down, there are places in this state that can say "we've done better." Its great that you're proud of a HS program near you, but while you've studied that program very well (obviously), you seem to have no idea what teams around the state have achieved during the same time.

It drove you to say some pretty ridiculous things here – and using the source YOU chose to use – it made you look foolish.

I would suggest you chill out, . . . no, chill way the hell out and enjoy the good football thats about to be played. Nothing you say here, no matter how outlandish you choose to get, will have any affect on a football game anywhere. In 54 years of life, I've yet to witness one single fan willing his team to victory. lol

I'm going to stick with my pick. WOS is a fine program with much to be proud of, but this isn't their year, IMO. Still, a great season for the Mustangs.

Greg Tepper dctf. My pick is based on logic/facts. Celina 6 points. Sweetwater 6 points. Navarro 7 points. Salado 0 points. Robinson 14 Wimberly 21 and shut out in 2nd half. All these teams averaged 42-52 points per game prior to meeting us. We have faced the slot t 24 times in the past 3 years. Whatever dude! The reference to past decades is that we are still doing today what we did then. As far as the "other poster" and the full Aggy comment. We play in and win championships. We at wos do not proclaim to be the "wrecking crew" we just wreck "great offenses." BIG ASS DIFFERENCE!!!!! We will enjoy watching us destroy a has been/never was team on Friday. Your picks suck and you obviously know NOTHING about HS football. You picked carthage because YOU my friend are a homer and want Ingram to win. Obvious but not happening. You basically picked against us because of me. Lol. All facts.....again. 41 in a row. Back to back to back champs! The raccoons 0-10. Please?frauds/jokes. 

Lol. Love it!!!! Hook em and sign em tommy boy. Line em up and lets get more like them MIGHTY MUSTANGS. Get us to a point when we (Texas) do get to a championship game our fans will know what time it is no matter who or where we play. We will just be the better team and can talk trash to other fans......knowing its all good. Please please please tommy.......make us like those 'Stangs asap. 

34 minutes ago, Tomhermansboy said:

Greg Tepper dctf. My pick is based on logic/facts. Celina 6 points. Sweetwater 6 points. Navarro 7 points. Salado 0 points. Robinson 14 Wimberly 21 and shut out in 2nd half. All these teams averaged 42-52 points per game prior to meeting us. We have faced the slot t 24 times in the past 3 years. Whatever dude! The reference to past decades is that we are still doing today what we did then. As far as the "other poster" and the full Aggy comment. We play in and win championships. We at wos do not proclaim to be the "wrecking crew" we just wreck "great offenses." BIG ASS DIFFERENCE!!!!! We will enjoy watching us destroy a has been/never was team on Friday. Your picks suck and you obviously know NOTHING about HS football. You picked carthage because YOU my friend are a homer and want Ingram to win. Obvious but not happening. You basically picked against us because of me. Lol. All facts.....again. 41 in a row. Back to back to back champs! The raccoons 0-10. Please?frauds/jokes. 

Look, no doubt WOS is a very, very good team and very well may win the state championship. 

But, even though you probably don't care, you're kinda being an ass.  And. I'm being kind when I say "kinda".

Actually I've been laughing at this for three days. There is no doubt we could lose this game. I hope we win of course and ill be shocked if we don't.......but you are correct about one thing. I could careless either way. Lmfao. Amazing how comical this gets. Sorry you feel that way. Hard to read a person online. Hook em.......love all of y'all. Win or lose. Thank goodness I am on record several days ago thanking Sirhornsalot for this insight. Told him it was awesome and still feel that way. 

1 hour ago, Tomhermansboy said:

We play in and win championships. We at wos do not proclaim to be the "wrecking crew" we just wreck "great offenses." BIG ASS DIFFERENCE!!!!! We will enjoy watching us destroy a has been/never was team on Friday. Your picks suck and you obviously know NOTHING about HS football. You picked carthage because YOU my friend are a homer and want Ingram to win. Obvious but not happening. You basically picked against us because of me. Lol. All facts.....again. 41 in a row. Back to back to back champs! The raccoons 0-10. Please?frauds/jokes. 

Evidently, you post on the FSSW app because this is the type of juvenile posts that are prevalent on that site. With that being said, it is obvious WOS has a great team and tradition.  I am not going to comment on all of the non-sense that you have posted on this thread.

I will say that if WOS does not control the line of scrimmage on both sides, then it could be a long day.  I have seen film on the WOS offensive line and I have seen bigger and quicker kids that the PG front 7 has handled this season.  I know "WOS is fast" so is Texarkana AR High and others that PG beat. If you don't know, AR High won the Class 6A State Track Championship last year.  Those kids play football too and were fast, but they got beat as well.  In addition, this entire game is on Youtube. 

PG has heard the same comments each week that you are spouting. Before you comment about the WOS stopping the Wing T, PG runs more of a hybrid. There is a difference or they would not be playing their 16th game of the year. 

I expect this to be a close game and low scoring because both teams have great defenses.  Good luck and hopefully both teams come out injury free.

2 hours ago, Tomhermansboy said:

You are a legend in your own mind. I don't think you live in my mind like you think you do. lol I'm not from PG and have never even been there. It just irks you that someone doesn't buy your act.

You're Wooderson, only without the babes. You care about this more than some kids on the WOS roster, I'd imagine. 

I picked it like I see it, always do.

As for Carthage, lol, whatever man. lol

Well we have watched a lot of film on PG as well. They are good but NOT elite good. Our first though was, "how in the hell did graham get to the semi final game?" Defense was slow/average at best. Clear my throat...... Our region or half of our region has won the last several championships for a reason. Simply put, the teams are better. Wos, Cuero, Navarro, Wimberly, Sinton and throw in a really good Madisonville now with rusty nail there as HC. We have pretty much owned all of it for several years now. Watching the championship games with Celina, and Sweetwater just left me believing the obvious. We were WAY faster than them. Haven't seen anything that changes my mind. I'm sure it will be a great game to watch. Any team from any classification that makes it to a championship game is good. No doubt about that. We just have a few kids that have been there and done that. Makes a big difference. We will see Friday at 3pm for sure. 

Considering the wos kids are my kids.... yes! I live here. Played here. Coach T was my dad's catcher at wos and in college. I coached his son Michael in baseball. Ummm.....yup a very proud mustang! As far as your kennedale carthage pick.....wrong. Imop. Pick it like you see it? That's funny. Picking the Texans over the Pats just because you don't like bill or tom is insane. Pretty much like your PG pick. Nothing indicates a PG win. nothing! Stop with your "stats!" Ask Wimberly, Celina, Sweetwater salado, cuero, Madisonville, and Navarro how those "stats" worked out for them. This game is a total mismatch. Looks great on paper though.