Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
okiehorn

TCU parking

I've never been to the TCU campus. When I was at UT '67-71 Texas always scheduled them opening weekend of deer season so you wouldn't miss anything if you needed to radio it.

Game time announced yet? Be nice to have something other than 11:00 AM

14 minutes ago, popdaddy said:

I've never been to the TCU campus. When I was at UT '67-71 Texas always scheduled them opening weekend of deer season so you wouldn't miss anything if you needed to radio it.

I believe it's 6 pm

9 hours ago, popdaddy said:

6 pm, hopefully it’s a little more exciting then back in the day this year! Texas needs the win for multiple reasons but HUGE with recruiting 

11 hours ago, popdaddy said:

Thanks guys. My wife and a friend want to go to some fricking  JR League coattail lunch Saturday.

If I have to drive them down there I can go to the Tavern for food, pops and TV. Still get back for the Horns/toads.

I feel ya Pop!  My wife WAS gonna hit up her cousin who has TCU season tickets but decided not to because going to the game will interfere with the Margarita Ball this Saturday. I'll probably miss the 4th quarter now....grrrrrrrrr!

Saw this on another site

"FYI for those going to the game.

There is paid parking in the church and school lots closest to the stadium. The Baptists and the schools don't allow drinking in their parking lots although I've heard people do it at the elementary school but just keep it discreet. University Christian does allow alcohol in their lots but if you want to tailgate, you're going to have to pay for 2 spots. I think it would be difficult to set up behind your car or truck unless you're just talking about a few chairs and not a tent because the parking lot is pretty tight and you would block traffic. You might be able to get a spot along the edge of the lot and set up something on the sidewalk but FWPD might not like that if you're blocking pedestrian traffic. Two spots at UCC will probably set you back $80 or $100 total for both spots. I can't remember how much they charge but it's in that range. I would suggest getting there pretty early though. One or two of the UCC lots are prepaid and reserved parking for the season and two or three are first come first serve. If you want two spots, I'd suggest you get there at least several hours ahead of time. The lots will probably fill up pretty fast for this game considering the opponent and the time.

The Episcopal church on Bellaire usually an opponent alumni group reserve their lot and have a big group tailgate. You might check into that. I'm sure they allow alcohol. The University Methodist church on Berry (around 1 mile away) has paid parking as well but I'm not sure about their alcohol policy. Paschal High has a ton of parking and a free shuttle. It's probably a mile away from the gates of the stadium and an easy walk if you don't want to ride the shuttle. I think that used to be $20 but went up this year.

Free parking and a free shuttle are available from McKinney Bible Church (Hulen near I-20) and Travis Ave. Baptist (Berry and Hemphill which is about 1.5 miles west of I-35). I take the shuttle from the Bible Church sometimes myself even though I can park at a friend's house 3 blocks from the stadium because it's faster and less stressful when you're leaving. Traffic getting out can be a bitch.

One more piece of advice, unless you're getting there pretty early I would not come to or leave the game by way of I-30 and University. I would take Berry off I-35, Hulen off I-20 or I-30 (and then to Bellaire) or even Summit/8th avenue off I-30 (then to Berry). The University exit off I-30 is the most direct route but it will get pretty clogged up close to game time and after the game"